Quantcast

Saturday Ride at Spier Falls

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So this awesome Spring weather we've been blessed with led us to Spier Falls...a tough climb, but well worth the effort. Sq-Earl and I hit the trails and they were quite dry and we had several hours of incredible riding. Check it out:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
T: Coming up this trail is the one that earns the trip to the Olde Bryan Inn. :evil:
Nice! Now I know what to practice on :devil: Are you talking about riding up the whole way (from car to there) without stopping? Or just the climb up to the lookout (which is tough enough)?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
splat said:
Nice Pics !!!

I love the one where you can see for a long way !

and the one where you drew in the turn , did you make that turn ? or was this a picture of what you were suppose to do ?
Both actually (in both of the ones that I drew the lines in on). Take two I managed to go the right way, take one I just went blasting off into a tree. :help: The picture of Sq-Earl (with the blue label) is the line that you really need to take to make that REALLY tight turn off a steep rock roller. It's an awesome place to ride though!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Nice! Now I know what to practice on :devil: Are you talking about riding up the whole way (from car to there) without stopping? Or just the climb up to the lookout (which is tough enough)?
From the car up to the point where the other trail comes in from the left when you reach the top. It gets nasty up near the overlook. :blah:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
God I love that place!!!! :D

Next weekend I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Nice pics T!
I think we're going to try it again. Not sure though...Trail Maintenance on Saturday morning and I may to do the Central Park "Ride" with Heather Mosley on Sunday :sneaky: But, I could be talked out of that ride and into a Spier ride too.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
I think we're going to try it again. Not sure though...Trail Maintenance on Saturday morning and I may to do the Central Park "Ride" with Heather Mosley on Sunday :sneaky: But, I could be talked out of that ride and into a Spier ride too.

I was thinking of doing the central park ride/race Sunday - could be fun to see how bad she kicks my ass!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Cool, let me know. I'm busy on Sat. (daughter's birthday), but would like to ride on Sunday.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
I was thinking of doing the central park ride/race Sunday - could be fun to see how bad she kicks my ass!
LOL! I was talking to her the other day at the bike shop and she's REALLY nice and wants more people to come out and ride. I will let you know if we end up coming down for it. It's either the Central Park ride or Spier.