Quantcast

***Saturdaze GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi friends lmao. Wife was up at 5:15 for a trainer spin, so I tagged along so she would not have to do it alone. So, 90 minutes done, real easy. There will most certainly be a nap somewhere in my day.

Speaking of wife, she is heading to the LBS today to pick up her new I9 wheels (finally) and drop my tri bike off for an overhaul. I assume it is going to cost at least a few hundred bucks...that bike needs a lot of attention and some fresh parts. Sure I could do some of that myself, but I don't want to. Good thing there are places that will do that for me for a fee.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What did she get, we need details man?

We're going to have to put communications as an area for improvement in your annual appraisal.
Trail 270 24h. I got them for her for Christmas. The LBS assisted me in picking them out. They narrowed the search down and gave me several options. Wife requested colored spokes so I get her orange to match the words on her frame.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You can probably just call them an early birthday gift at this point and then you're good for another year.
That would work well since her birthday is in two weeks! I have no effing clue what to get her. When she wants something, she buys it, proven by the nearly daily Amazon package deliveries we get.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watching Strade Bianche spring classic road race, 23km to go and the front group of 7 is basically the absolute best riders you could name.

Then I shall go ride bicycles with wifey, probably road because the trails are all a muddy mess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hi friends lmao. Wife was up at 5:15 for a trainer spin, so I tagged along so she would not have to do it alone. So, 90 minutes done, real easy. There will most certainly be a nap somewhere in my day.

Speaking of wife, she is heading to the LBS today to pick up her new I9 wheels (finally) and drop my tri bike off for an overhaul. I assume it is going to cost at least a few hundred bucks...that bike needs a lot of attention and some fresh parts. Sure I could do some of that myself, but I don't want to. Good thing there are places that will do that for me for a fee.
Be sure to give the wrenches that work a good tip for having to work on your sweaty gross tri bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Took the freehub off the fat bike wheel.

Ummmm. Can anyone see what's missing? That cap on the end is a clue.

The axle is at least in one piece. :)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
storm literally blew through last night. The rain was getting driven against the bedroom windows. Of course the window above my head was open and the water hitting my hairless noggin woke me right up. Scattered clouds this morning.

Espresso then figure out what to do for the rest of the day

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Took the freehub off the fat bike wheel.

Ummmm. Can anyone see what's missing? That cap on the end is a clue.

The axle is at least in one piece. :)
Your enormous torques have blown apart that hub shell bearing. That's a lot of gunky crud in there too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
TookHaley the mountain today for Devo. Too tired to actually ski because Hannah decided last night was a good night to come in at 11:00pm and wake up multiple times. FTS. Back to the car for a nap.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Your enormous torques have blown apart that hub shell bearing. That's a lot of gunky crud in there too.
Yeah the bearing appears to have fallen apart somehow. There are chunks of metal in there.

I assume it looks so crud because of the grease from the bearing? I've not ever taken the freehub off this wheel before.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Very true :D but in fairness it's only like two seasons old and on a fat bike that sees almost no dirt and gets barely any mileage in comparison to other bikes.
Replace both hub shell bearings, the NDS one won't have been happy with the weird load when it's partner gave up.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Ski day 18 today, just me and eldest kid. Snow was horrid spring thaw-refreeze stuff for the most part, unfortunately. We need some more cold weather and a few storms.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hello all. Ski day 18 today, just me and eldest kid. Snow was horrid spring thaw-refreeze stuff for the most part, unfortunately. We need some more cold weather and a few storms.
What time did you head back? Eastbound by the bison was crawling at 3:30ish.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What time did you head back? Eastbound by the bison was crawling at 3:30ish.
Yeah, I was in that. Popped off the freeway onto the frontage road at your exit, down to the dino lots. Got enough headway on the crowd that I found out why it was so bad: older semi-truck with long metal rods on it (didn't look even close to 80k gvw) doing probably 10-15 mph with flashers on in right lane.

Once ahead of that hot mess it was fine once again.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The new Stihl 881 showed up today and ran a few tanks through it on all the windfall from the last storm. This saw is no joke. Is definitely the biggest horsepower production saw ever made.

View attachment 157418
my lil farm boss feels inadequate now...chain also needs a sharpening after processing a bunch of wood this afternoon.

hiking in linville gorge tomorrow afternoon...you know, the grand canyon of the east :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hobie AMA Outrigger kit showed up this afternoon. Had it installed in 15 minutes. I'm going to try and get in out onto the lake tomorrow afternoon and see if I can really stand up and fish from the kayak with these installed I have a noon meeting with a Vehicle inspector for the insurance company that we are contracted to with 15 vehicles to go over. I should be done by 1pm and its a 30 minute drive to the lake from the office

2021_0306_18404200_2.jpg
2021_0306_18401400_2.jpg
2021_0306_18395300_2.jpg

Last edited: