• Meh, either way is fine

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No Way, let that trail rot in the bowels of hell

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
After many great hours of riding yesterday Ryan (Timekiller) and I decided to find out what happened to the whole Deliverence-Evil Bob run now that Greenhorn, Reality Show, and Salvation have been built. Like I figured Deliverence is now gone, but much to my suprise (and joy) 3/4 of Evil Bob is still untouched by the building of Greenhorn. But from the looks of it, seeing that the trail hasn't been cleared and there are a whole bunch of rocks and sticks where you can cut onto it from Greenhorn, it looks like it's just going to be left as a forgotten trail.

Riding it again reminds me why even though I hated it the first couple times I rode it, it has slowly grown to be one of my favorite trails. It would be sad to see it left to become overgrown, when all it needs is an enterance cleared out so you can get on it from greenhorn, a trail sign, and some leaf blowing/general maintainace. I dont know if this was on the agenda for the Diablo crew (as I know you guys have been busy with the US Open/Domination/new trail building/maintanace) and if it was that's cool, take your time.

So whose with me to save this unique Diablo trail.

SuperKat

Monkey
Jul 3, 2005
New York
We were looking at it yesterday but stayed off because we weren't sure if it was open or not.
Maybe they have plans for it.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
We were looking at it yesterday but stayed off because we weren't sure if it was open or not.
Maybe they have plans for it.
We rode it, and it is exactly how it was last year. I would hate to see it smoothed out and turned into an "easy" trail. The fact that your riding on mostly rock faces and through loose rocks makes it fun.

open it, good trail problem may be where does it end...
it ends right before the progression drops next to where Test of Metal comes out. From the point you get onto it from Greenhorn it doesn't cross any other trails (although Slayer does meet up with it near the end, speaking of Slayer is that trail still accessible?)

Last edited:

G30RG3ryan

Monkey
Feb 24, 2002
Sparta, NJ
Slayer is still accessible, got to get on it from Salvation/Greenhorn right before you merge back into Lower Breakout. And for Evil Bob, I think there are plans to open it back up sometime in the near future, not exactly sure yet so don't take my word for it.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Yea, evil bob was fun yesterday... it would be sweet to see a cut off of Grn horn/salv. to get on Evil bob.

Diablo, please dont ever get rid of this trail!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Definitely one of those trails that makes you smile when you finish up cleanly, thinking "man, I should have wiped out a dozen times on that sucker."

Definitely want to see it re-opened!

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Definitely one of those trails that makes you smile when you finish up cleanly, thinking "man, I should have wiped out a dozen times on that sucker."
My first run ever at Diablo (US Open weekend, 2004), I ended up on Deliverance to Evil Bob, on a hardtail XC bike with a 80mm fork and v-brakes. The "easiest way down" was boring, so we stepped it up and hit the first black diamond we saw- Deliverance. What a mistake that was. I ended up steering into trees to slow myself down because the v-brakes couldn't stop me. It was tough *walking* down sections of that trail.

Now on a 8" travel bike with a 180mm fork, it's still fun, crazy and a bit nerve-wracking. Definitely a keeper.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
The "easiest way down" was boring, so we stepped it up and hit the first black diamond we saw- Deliverance. What a mistake that was. I ended up steering into trees to slow myself down because the v-brakes couldn't stop me. It was tough *walking* down sections of that trail.
Wow. That was my first run down Evil Bob to a T.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
i love this trail a lot, and i hate to see it left too. im totally for "face lifting" the trail and getting it cleared out and ridable again. hell, i'll even do it myself if its too much of a hassle for Diablo's trail crew ;)

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
i love this trail a lot, and i hate to see it left too. im totally for "face lifting" the trail and getting it cleared out and ridable again. hell, i'll even do it myself if its too much of a hassle for Diablo's trail crew ;)
I wouldn't even say that it needs to be cleared out, It really was not that bad... It just needs a good access route.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
:stupid:

although I don't think the trail needs any sort of "face-lift"

I'd be more than happy to help clean up that trail. All you would need is a few guys and a couple hours, as in all reality the trail just needs a a little cleaning. The wooden pipe jump is in good condition and there is no need to clean out the loose rocks on the trail (they are what make the trail so sketchy in the first place), so a leaf blower and a few rakes to clear some of the leaves is all that would be needed.

*edit* and as Timekiller just said, it just needs a run in cleared out which would ony mean pushing some of the rocks they moved to make Greenhorn out of the way.

Last edited:

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Well I am out until June 19th with a broken finger, so if the trail crew is looking for a willing volunteer to prep Evil Bob and relocate the sign, I am happy to oblige. Weather depending I will probably be up there this weekend to shoot anyways - I'll bring the leafblower and rake along if I need to...

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
am i the only one that liked the washed out section of deliverance? i wouldn't mind seeing some work go into that trail personally

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
am i the only one that liked the washed out section of deliverance? i wouldn't mind seeing some work go into that trail personally

Deliverance has been replaced with Reality Show, and there is no access to the end of Deliverance/beginning of Evil Bob until the junction on Salvation.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
With ~70% of the people voting to keep evil bob, Id say your not the only one that liked it. I think you are mistaking deliverance for evil bob. (I used to think the same thing.)

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
really just needs to have the leaves cleared. that was what i thought when i rode it this season
Yeah I was with some people and we didn't ride it because of lots of larger sticks and leaves all over the trail which was hardly looking like a trail. I voted against trying it because sometimes even bigger trees are down ect and I don't like walking my DH bike around. Sounds like we could have ridden it though :poster_oops: There is always the next weekend....

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I personally wish diablo would put in more DH and old school freeride trails like Evil Bob and Ripper/Deliverance. I'm not really diggin' the "groom the whole mountain" thing. We need something to step up to besides another drop. Something steep, off camber and rocky! EC

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Lets have "Evil Bob". I miss "Slayer" The entrance is at the top of " Lower Breakout" but is blocked by debris, always liked that trail.
Next time your down salvation, after you cross the ski trail, keep an eye out on the left for the hidden slayer sign on a tree. You miss the crazy beginning of slayer, but it still looks like fun!

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
I like the pipes at the end after a nice rain shower, they cool!!
oh yeah - maybe second time down there, I hit the pipes - tried to boost them but my rear wheel slid on takeoff - went sideways in the air and landed right on my hip. Ouch.