Quantcast

Say what?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive heard a few guys say to run the Michy 2.8 and 2.5 opposite of the arrows on the tire. Is this true?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Kanter
Ive heard a few guys say to run the Michy 2.8 and 2.5 opposite of the arrows on the tire. Is this true?
do a search, was discussed in the past week...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
OK, so I did a search and I see that the 2.8 and 2.5 can be run opposite the arrow. From what I got from the tread is; they brake better if reversed but roll better if used the correct way. Right?

Also, what tire pressure do you guys run with DH tubes in the 2.8 and 2.5? Does 20 psi in the 2.8 and 23 psi in the 2.5 sound about right?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Originally posted by Kanter
OK, so I did a search and I see that the 2.8 and 2.5 can be run opposite the arrow. From what I got from the tread is; they brake better if reversed but roll better if used the correct way. Right?

Also, what tire pressure do you guys run with DH tubes in the 2.8 and 2.5? Does 20 psi in the 2.8 and 23 psi in the 2.5 sound about right?
You are correct about the direction benefits, for pressure thats about where I run them i think. It will depend on your weight and the conditions you are riding in. There is a cool little michelin tire guide here: http://www.descent-world.co.uk/stendectyreguide.htm

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
yeah i vary my pressure per trail and conditions...i ran sugar in the rain with 11 psi in the front and 13 in the rear:eek: . now thats some crazy sh!t. my double wides look like squares now:p