Quantcast

SB, Knapps Castle traildozing?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Hey, Sb monkies, I was over at Knapps' Castle tonight taking some shots of the sunset and checking out the fire and it looks like the trail(at least the top portions) has been dozed! Large tractor marks down the initial fire road(nothing new), but the entrance to the single track is now a fire road! I didn't have time to walk the whole trail, but everything I could see of the trail was now a dirt highway. I'm a little pissed to say the least and was hoping that someone on here might have a bit of news as to what has happened to(in my opinion) Santa Barbara's finest dh trail.

The Ito

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Thats news to me! I was up there last week and there were no bulldozed sections. I wonder wtf is going on?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I don't know, but I almost cried when I saw the bulldozed entrance. If anyone goes up there to ride, hopefully it doesn't go the whole way down.

The Ito

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I know the forest service creates fire lines incase of a fire so it can't jump. I know they use bulldozers for that. My girlfriend's dad use to be the head guy at the top of the fire station on the pass and I asked him why they'd do that. He said either to stop a fire or to create easier access to fire fighters. I guess it's better to loose part of a trail then loose the whole damm thing right?

News to me too