Quantcast

SB LOCALS what you ride, and where (only locals,or people who are moving to SB)

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i have noticed that there are many sb locals here and i think this would be a great way to get to know the riders in our area, post your bike, where you go to get it fixed up, and where you ride it.

ill go first my favorite trails as of now are Ramero Canyon, and coldsprings. I wouldn't go anywhere else other then VP to get my bike fixed and here is my ride (possible the coolest stinky out there)

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i have to agree with you romero and coldspring for sure, but naps is always fun. I had a colier but now i have this. possible the coolest bike on the market as of now. Thanks for all the help guys with chosing this one.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
ThePriceSeliger said:
Thats a nice Kona. Never been a huge fans of the frame, but the build you have it really nice. How does the DHX Air feel?

perfect, for what i do (trails), there is not a better shock out there, the thing is this shock has a lot of potential you just have to set it up right, and not just throw it on and ride

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
This has to be your best thread idea!! good idea!!

I ride everything on this: dj,urban,fr, dh race, ds, xc trails

I have been going to Cambria Bikes in SLO ever since I moved there 3 years ago (now I live in Los Olivos). I am starting to go to Velo Pro in addition/more now; although I used to go there when I live in LA .

I got my first mtb from there for christmas when I was about 6. It was a ridgid Gary Fisher with 24" wheels. I rode it for many years, until finaly I was too big for it. When I was maybe 10, I bent the fork and velo pro replced it. When I lived in La Canada, LA I mountain biked everyday after school on the trails and fireroads.

I have ridden some trails in SLO. Since I moved to Los Olivos I starting riding down here. I have only ridden Tunnel and Coldsprings. I really want to check out knapps and the others.

When people figure out a day to work/ride on knaps, I will help.

gravity1

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
santa barbara
more to the point is who in the hell do you think you are at 21 years old to think you know anything at all. already an alcoholic and barely even legal drinking age. well done einstein.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I ride a dark blue Karpiel Disco Volante with an Avalanche shock, and an old cherry Boxxer in front. I dont have any pics handy, but that fork is on the way out.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
It's actually lighter than you would expect - it's around 43 pounds or so as you see it, about 41-42 decked out with lighter tires and XC tubes for racing. I'm switching to carbon bars and a lighter wheelset to shave more pounds off.

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
Here are my bikes. Giant Dh Team and an old 4-banger im bringin back to life for freeride.

I dont really have a favorite trail yet. havent had time to go ride some real trails with school and other bull****. i need some people to shuttle with tho. I am down to go riding most weekdays when im not in class

Attachments

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I ride with my seat not as slamed as pictured, but not high either.......and I'm 5'11

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm posting here, and I'm not an SB local. And I'm not moving to SB, either. What are you going to do about it? huh? huh?