Quantcast

SCAM or not?

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
Echo said:
A complete Blur XC for $1400 with free shipping and no tax? Come on man, use your brain :p
Lol yeah, I didn't see that yet!
This guy was saying that Eskowbar would be a safe way to do it so I did think it was safe

I was interested in an M3 but not anymore!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Why don't you give her a call:

edited: removed personal information of the identity theft victim.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Some highlights from their "Services" page:

"...Our company sellused or new bikes worldwide. Because we sell many bikes every day ,the buyer must contact us before buy any of these bikes and tell us what size are him... Because we have many order per day , the shippment will take max 5-6 days after the buyer pay for the bike... If for any reson one of your bike is not the same like the bike from the description you can return it and after that tell us about that that. We will send you another bike and we take care about all shipping taxes..."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Somehow, this seems like a way to discredit the Ottenbergs. For one thing, you can register domain names anonymously...

DukeNukem3d

Monkey
Oct 4, 2004
Whahaha, I dont know about you but I am having the time of my life around here. Thanks a lot for this free entertainment, I really appreciate.

:D:D:D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ciaran said:
They're on to you.
On to me that I'm on to them?

I'm calling them as soon as I leave work.

"Ummm yes, I'm calling about your bikes from your site where the photos are linked to a German site. What's that about? Hello? Hello?"

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
stinkyboy said:
On to me that I'm on to them?

I'm calling them as soon as I leave work.

"Ummm yes, I'm calling about your bikes from your site where the photos are linked to a German site. What's that about? Hello? Hello?"
Let us know what they say///...!!!???|||\\\

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yep, all the imgs are leeched off of sites in a google image search...

Also, ten bucks someone jacked her identity and is now using it as the domain admin.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Those idiots have new giants, specialized's, and Konas for sale there. Definately a scam, Giant and Specialized has a no online sale rule. The only place one can get a kona online is from kona itself.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Opeth said:
Those idiots have new giants, specialized's, and Konas for sale there. Definately a scam, Giant and Specialized has a no online sale rule. The only place one can get a kona online is from kona itself.
I was going to point that out but there was so much on there that is more scammy than that, it didn't seem important. They also have Trek listed, same rules as Giant and Spec. They also don't have the little symbol that lists them a a real Litespeed mail order dealer.

Basicly they just suck at scamming:rofl:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Called them last night, and the woman was surprised to say the least and there were many long pauses, but her official response was that someone stole her identity and set up the site she only found out about yesterday (I wonder how?:devil: ) and is attempting to have the site taken down. Whether she's lying or not I believe the score is: Pack of monkeys 1, Bike Scammer 0.

:agree:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
on a related note...a friend of mine is looking to sell a bike; what is the best way to avoid being scammed by a buyer? any hints/suggestions?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
narlus said:
on a related note...a friend of mine is looking to sell a bike; what is the best way to avoid being scammed by a buyer? any hints/suggestions?
I have a $6000 cashiers check i can use to buy the bike, but he has to promise to send the remaining $4000 to my brother in law in Chicago. :oink:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
narlus said:
Sell to a US buyer and only accept Paypal for payment.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
stinkyboy said:
Called them last night, and the woman was surprised to say the least and there were many long pauses, but her official response was that someone stole her identity and set up the site she only found out about yesterday (I wonder how?:devil: ) and is attempting to have the site taken down. Whether she's lying or not I believe the score is: Pack of monkeys 1, Bike Scammer 0.

:agree:
Sounds very likely.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stinkyboy said:
Site's still up. Scumbags...
So what's next?
...notify the manufacturers with the "no online sales" rules?
...notify the legit shops hosting the images that their pics are being leeched by a scammer?
...notify Yahoo that a site they host is most likely trying to scam people?