Quantcast

Scandium bars -- why so few on market?

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
the improved cyclic fatigue resistance of scandium (compared to other alu alloys) means that can even be used as flexible frame member in softail frames that typically are built with Ti.

it would seem to be a great material for DH bars, but I've only seen one scandium bar (azonic b52...i picked up a pair recently for 49 bucks).

cheap, light, and likely more durable than typical 7xxx or 6xxx series bars for most general riding...why aren't there more scandium DH bars out there?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I have a Scandium 41 mag that I carry when I go in Griz territory... does that count? :)
Do you carry it in your water bottle holder?:D

Easton used to make some Scandium DH bars. I still have them but they are outdated by today's standards of flat and wide DH bars. They would be awesome for AM and DJ riding though.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Do you carry it in your water bottle holder?:D

Easton used to make some Scandium DH bars. I still have them but they are outdated by today's standards of flat and wide DH bars. They would be awesome for AM and DJ riding though.
No, I mount it on my helmet for faster shooting. It clicks into my light mount. :)

The Easton Scandium bar was a great bar years ago. I always wanted one.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
No, I mount it on my helmet for faster shooting. It clicks into my light mount. :)

The Easton Scandium bar was a great bar years ago. I always wanted one.
Sweet. You just need a H.U.D. now so you can be like an Apache pilot. How's that recoil working out on your neck ;)

I had the Easton Scandium bars, I snapped them in half. Never use that again.
Ooohhhhhh Snapp........literally. Never had any problems with mine, they still have a lot of life in them. Then again, I rarely ever break anything so I am not a good gauge on durability.