Quantcast

Scars...

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Have you guys found any effective way of removing/making scars less visible? Normally I wouldn't mind but I have a large one on my face and a scar from surgery on my elbow. I was thinking over time it will heal but if there are any faster ways that'd be sweet.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
How bad is it? I've got quite the collection of impact/laceration caused scars and at this point I've given up caring. Chicks do dig them, to an extent, but I found that eating well and staying out of the sun, combined with a topical vitamin e ointment helps.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
How bad is it? I've got quite the collection of impact/laceration caused scars and at this point I've given up caring. Chicks do dig them, to an extent, but I found that eating well and staying out of the sun, combined with a topical vitamin e ointment helps.
Its the left part of my upper lip, its a raised scar too not a flat one. Its about an inch long by an inch wide, I'm not too bothered by them but if they can be gone then why have em.

geetarhero

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
Scotland
Got some after breaking my nose and putting a nice gash above my eye, but couldn't really be arsed to apply it really. My scar follows the line of my eyebrow so doesn't really bother me too much.
Supposed to be good stuff though, and worth a shot. I'd probably have kept it up if the scar had been in a more prominent position. I think the earlier you start using it the better.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
lufa that scar tissue. it takes some time though. i've had some big scars on my arms and legs from crashes and managed to get them to fade over the years from scrubbing them every day in the shower.

if you are down with granola, you could check out fire cupping (probably not a good idea for facial scars and hard to do on certain less-fleshy areas). i've been told it will help break up the scar tissue by stimulating blood flow. i've had it done to help with piercing scars on my back from hook suspensions, but i haven't done it long enough or often enough to give any reliable feedback based on personal experience.

edit - wiki link = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_cupping

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
if you are down with granola, you could check out fire cupping (probably not a good idea for facial scars and hard to do on certain less-fleshy areas). i've been told it will help break up the scar tissue by stimulating blood flow. i've had it done to help with piercing scars on my back from hook suspensions, but i haven't done it long enough or often enough to give any reliable feedback based on personal experience.

edit - wiki link = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_cupping
Remind me never to piss you off.