Quantcast

Schaldming WC DH Results!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Joe said:
ffs. Shouldn't have opened my mouth :nuts:
Obviously I can't say a bad word about a pro.

Reason I claimed this was because We have been drinking with them, Hannah, rennie and that were cool, sound chaps but Kovarik was just grumpy, to everyone. I get that impression with him.

Anyway, It's irrelevant, i'll take my claim back and say he is a really really nice guy
I've never really heard anything bad about him; maybe he was just having a bad day, race, etc.

On the other hand, when you're a professional, you just need to suck it up and put a smile on your face. I think sometimes a lot of pros forget that their obligations to their sponsors go beyond just racing, they are sales reps for their sponsors, as well.

I know that when I saw Brian Lopes he was pretty rude; however, "Stikman" claims that he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever met...so who knows! First impressions are lasting!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Jeremy R said:
Kovarik saying, "Leave me alone. No, I don't have any stickers. and Yes, my calves are real." does not constitute you talking with him. :devil:
I only touched the calves one time...and I wasn't even anywhere near him. He was way on the other side of the pits and it bumped up against me his calf was so big.

Jeremy R said:
I like guys like Kirkaldie because he is a pinner, who is also funny as he11, and is always acting up when I am around him at a race.
...and being a Kiwi stalker doesn't make you any better than me... :eviltongu

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
blt2ride said:
I know that when I saw Brian Lopes he was pretty rude; however, "Stikman" claims that he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever met...so who knows! First impressions are lasting!
Yeah heard the same thing that Lopes was an A$$ by an anonymous world top 10 DH racer cus they got a same sponsor and he told me a nice story about it...i just dont wanna be givin names and then making someone look bad

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
blt2ride said:
I've never really heard anything bad about him; maybe he was just having a bad day, race, etc.

On the other hand, when you're a professional, you just need to suck it up and put a smile on your face. I think sometimes a lot of pros forget that their obligations to their sponsors go beyond just racing, they are sales reps for their sponsors, as well.

Blt2Ride-never said Lopes is the nicest guy you will ever meet. He has been a true genuine friend to my wife and I for 20 years. Have I seen him be rude to a few jackasses at the races, sure, everyone has. Also seen him do a lot of nice things for people he never met, kids, etc....whatever, you dont like the guy, no skin off my back or his.
As for CK being arrogant or whatever I read, thats just plain stupid.

And DHPERU, that was a great story, you should write a book with all your insight.

Ok, hate on folks, lovin the trashy web gossip.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
DHperu said:
Yeah heard the same thing that Lopes was an A$$ by an anonymous world top 10 DH racer cus they got a same sponsor and he told me a nice story about it...i just dont wanna be givin names and then making someone look bad
It's really not a big deal; there are a lot of big egos out there. One thing is for sure, there is always someone faster and younger. Most of the guys I have seen with the big heads are all getting up there in years...

I could only imagine if some of the young AA BMX pros like Bubba Harris, Mike Day, Kyle Bennet, Pauly Lange or Warwick Stevenson would spend a little time on a 4X bike.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
:p
blt2ride said:
.............there are a lot of big egos out there. One thing is for sure, there is always someone faster and younger. ............
you know...I'd be inclined to disagree. I've never in my life seen someone more physically dominant in any sport than Lopes. His reaction times and pure speed in terms of his body are on a different level still at this point in his career than anyone else out there in any sport. Even now, slowed down by injuries over the past 3 seasons, he's still the quickest pedaler there is.

He can get snapped out of the gate now...which was NEVER possible...EVER. I just credit that to the bigger, more powerful nature of todays athletes. But his leg speed is still so fast that the Prokops of the world get reigned back in in 20 yards. Michael Jordan slowed down way earlier in his career and had to use a bigger bag of tricks to stay dominant. Ali lost speed quick too and had to adjust by fighting smarter. Jerry Rice ran smarter routes when his speed tapered off several years back.

But with Lopes, the guy is still physically the most dominant in terms of reactions, leg speed, quickness and agility. He can't beat you off the line with pure muscle, but he can do it with his spin!

I haven't seen his reaction times nad speed fade and anyone yet come close to being what he is today. (boy, did that sound like an ass kissing party).

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
:p you know...I'd be inclined to disagree. I've never in my life seen someone more physically dominant in any sport than Lopes. His reaction times and pure speed in terms of his body are on a different level still at this point in his career than anyone else out there in any sport. Even now, slowed down by injuries over the past 3 seasons, he's still the quickest pedaler there is.

He can get snapped out of the gate now...which was NEVER possible...EVER. I just credit that to the bigger, more powerful nature of todays athletes. But his leg speed is still so fast that the Prokops of the world get reigned back in in 20 yards. Michael Jordan slowed down way earlier in his career and had to use a bigger bag of tricks to stay dominant. Ali lost speed quick too and had to adjust by fighting smarter. Jerry Rice ran smarter routes when his speed tapered off several years back.

But with Lopes, the guy is still physically the most dominant in terms of reactions, leg speed, quickness and agility. He can't beat you off the line with pure muscle, but he can do it with his spin!

I haven't seen his reaction times nad speed fade and anyone yet come close to being what he is today. (boy, did that sound like an ass kissing party).
Lopes is not gonna give you any stickers either.
Maybe if you stand in line, you can get a signed poster,
or be like Matt and get a cast signed. :D
Ha ha, remember that.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
bizutch said:
:p you know...I'd be inclined to disagree. I've never in my life seen someone more physically dominant in any sport than Lopes. His reaction times and pure speed in terms of his body are on a different level still at this point in his career than anyone else out there in any sport. Even now, slowed down by injuries over the past 3 seasons, he's still the quickest pedaler there is.

I'll be the first to admit that Lopes is still really fast, and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. I've always been impressed that someone his age can recover from injuries as fast as he does. I'm sure he still has quite a few seasons left in him before he retires.

On the other hand, if you've ever seen some of the AA BMX pros race any of the DH BMX events, you would be impressed. I would like to see some of those guys get a on 4X track for a season...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Lopes is not gonna give you any stickers either.
Maybe if you stand in line, you can get a signed poster,
or be like Matt and get a cast signed. :D
Ha ha, remember that.
ahh...the signing of the cast...his true induction to the mountain bike dorks hall of fame.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Kevin said:
Dude the track was more scary then anything Ive ever ridden in Europe, not something you would wanna ride whisteling on your avarage saturday morning (let alone in the poaring rain...) and you had to pedal for your life to make those jumps. Movies never tell the real deal...

I second that. The top was pretty flat, but they had to pedal there ass off to make the big jump. Even some of the top pros weren't hitting it. Then it got real nasty and wicked steep with rock gardens thrown in. A couple more gap jumps, a few bermed corners, off camber grass.... Seemed like a real wc track to me..

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
biker3 said:
Yeah, Watch Earthed 2, he intentionally took it easy in the finals to stay in 2nd place overall.

And thats just it, Peat IS HURT. Thats his own problem, he crashed so he has to pay the price. My money is on Sam Hill at worlds.

Ok, so, now what???

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
stiksandstones said:
Ok, so, now what???
Mick Hannah will be crowned world champion....i have been withholding this for weeks. Sorry for keeping it from you all...... ;)

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Cant Climb said:
Mick Hannah will be crowned world champion....i have been withholding this for weeks. Sorry for keeping it from you all...... ;)

We'll see if he can keep up his pace, he has a pretty goos history of being a nonfactor after mid season after ripping it up to start.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Zutroy said:
We'll see if he can keep up his pace, he has a pretty goos history of being a nonfactor after mid season after ripping it up to start.
He always banged up, as he is now......its a long ways off he can still get healthly, he has proven he can pop some good ones off every so often.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Cant Climb said:
He always banged up, as he is now......its a long ways off he can still get healthly, he has proven he can pop some good ones off every so often.

Yeah he's also proven he can blow out great results the first couple races, then be no where in sight the rest of the season. He's a nice kid, he's just gotta learn some patients and when to back off to stay healthy sometimes.

Be interesting to see how CK does this season.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I drop money on Kovarik at Worlds by a full 3-5 seconds. Why? Because he's blown off course at virtually every single Worlds he's raced. Odds are he'll get a clean run this year...and if so, it will most likely be an awe inspiring time just like when he was ON and bagged 3 NORBA's and 2 World Cups in a row...including Ft. Bill by 14 seconds...nobody's come close to cokk punching the best in the world like that. If you throw a dart at a dart board enough...eventually it hits the bullseyes... :D

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
bizutch said:
I drop money on Kovarik at Worlds by a full 3-5 seconds. Why? Because he's blown off course at virtually every single Worlds he's raced. Odds are he'll get a clean run this year...and if so, it will most likely be an awe inspiring time just like when he was ON and bagged 3 NORBA's and 2 World Cups in a row...including Ft. Bill by 14 seconds...nobody's come close to cokk punching the best in the world like that. If you throw a dart at a dart board enough...eventually it hits the bullseyes... :D
I agree with with you but he was laid up for 5-8 months last year.......will he 100% by then....?.........who knows, but 98.5% isn't going to cut it.......