Quantcast

Schenectady's Central Park - thanks TreeSaw

Y

yadadada

Well I have to thank TreeSaw for letting me know about some trails in Schenectady. She told me about Central Park, and on Thursday, I drove out to ride. Well, and also to have dinner with my dad and his soon to be fiance. (Shh... she doesn't know yet!)

So, I got there, spent about 15 minutes riding around looking for trails, and finally found some. I've never been there before, and so I had no idea where I was. I was "lost" immediately, but there were trails everywhere. So I just kept riding for about an hour and a half, then finally decided to keep riding until I figured out where I was and head back to my car. I didn't want to stop, but I had to go get my brother, so I didn't have much choice. The trails were awesome! Some were pretty overgrown, and I had the scratches up and down my arms and legs to prove it, but it didn't stop me. I have only been mountain biking for about two-three weeks, so it was a good chance to improve. There were some technical sections that I rode several times, trying to improve on, including some rooty sections and some wooden bridges that had been put up to get over some really muddy sections. They varied anywhere from one 2x10 to logs laid across the path, to larger ones made of three 2x10s that were easier to ride. It was a lot of fun.

pics i posted on my blog
http://playsinmud.blogspot.com/2006/07/schenectadys-central-park-trails.html