Quantcast

Schleyer Helmet Cam

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
THE Schleyer drop is anywhere between 8-14ft, depending on how you hit it.

I really hope I dont sound like that when im riding.
With the sound effects he was making it sounded like he was having sex, not riding a bike. lol

tangata

Chimp
Aug 31, 2007
hahah, true dat... He kind of sounded like Cedric Gracia to me, anyone else think so?

dklopp

Chimp
May 1, 2007
Carnation/Spokane, WA, USA
I love that trail! But my friend crashed on it twice-once on the rocks (1 min and 3 sec left) and once on the rock after a drop (about 30 sec left in the video)-which was really funny. That is my second favorite trail there (only after Freight Train>Dirt Merchant>A-Line).

norcalbiker

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
are you kidding me? that was way too slow to be peat or cracia. Schleyer is good, but thes year i was really int joyride. Its a bummer that D1 was closed and garbonzo was so muddy when i went this year, but it was still good times.

norcalbiker

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
norcalbiker... i know its not cedric... just said it kinda sounds like him
oh o.k. sorry i didnt mean to sound flustered, but the way i typed it it sounded that way. Yeah anyway, for some reason i used to enjoy schleyer more when i was slower. now it seems like the landings are too short.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I remember when that rock section before the drop was not filled in wth dirt and small rocks. It was a few years ago. It was waaaay more techy. They made it much easier now.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I remember when that rock section before the drop was not filled in wth dirt and small rocks. It was a few years ago. It was waaaay more techy. They made it much easier now.
i know. and they smoothed the approach for the glc. i agree with the decision because there just trying to make everything safer, but schelyer was fun in 05/early 06 as well

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
that was pretty slow, if it was a pro...cool though.

I like how he talks to us...hAhahahaha

Apr 10, 2007
THE Schleyer drop is anywhere between 8-14ft, depending on how you hit it.
I think that's pinkbike feet! :busted: The first drop right after the split from upper joyride is probably 4-5 feet. The lower drop is a little bigger.

Still a really fun trail though :weee:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I think that's pinkbike feet! :busted: The first drop right after the split from upper joyride is probably 4-5 feet. The lower drop is a little bigger.

Still a really fun trail though :weee:
haha I agree...

I read that and thought to myself, "wow...that was a super easy drop then!"

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
After a couple of times we figured out you could keep your speed off the Schleyer drop and double up that big rock afterwords. You know, treat it like a jump on Aline...same for that rainbow bridge dealio.

MMMmmmmmm....hitting backside of giant rock on Schleyer.... :drool: