Quantcast

Schwalbe Tires?

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
I switched over from bontragers to schwalbe big betty Fr 2.4'' 60A(hard compound).Love these tires,so much grip and the roll resistance is very good.Tires ain't heavy 1700gr for a set off tires front/rear.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Nobby nics are pretty nice as well. Actually running them over nevegals this past summer. Better rolling, better grip and more predictable in loose sections.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ran mudy mary front 2.5 and a 2.5 al mighty rear, great traction and hooked up well. Realy impressed with the muddy marys, going to cut down 1 for the rear for a little less rolling resistance and keep the front in tact.
Blew the almighty up on a bigger jump 2 weeks ago at the park, my guess is 38 degrees allowed the pressure to go from decent 25 lbs at 75 room temp to too really low in the cold!
Nothing bad too say about them, went from minion DHF 3c compounds to these and they are really good in the corners and loose over hard pack!

RJM

Monkey
May 18, 2005
on the rocks
i am curious about the 2.5 muddy mary's but they dont have the gooey gluey in ust. our tires dont wear out much here. just trying to find better corner grip than the high roller maxxis tires.

also the big b's look good and the new frt & rear specific fat alberts 2.4's.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
i am curious about the 2.5 muddy mary's but they dont have the gooey gluey in ust. our tires dont wear out much here. just trying to find better corner grip than the high roller maxxis tires.

also the big b's look good and the new frt & rear specific fat alberts 2.4's.
I ran them stans rim strip and they are fine! The warranty is the same as kendas regarding sealants! Ill rip them apart before the sealant does so it doesnt bother me but they held air fine! Real pain the the @&S to air up though. Had to build the center up a fair bit with tape to get it to set.

Grip is great on them I was really surprised.

ismael

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
love that tires.. have an awesome drawing and its good for dry terrains (big betty), but the walls are a bit soft. hope they improve a similar one tire for dh soon

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i just mounted up a set of muddy mary 2.35's (non-ust casing) on my lite duty wheelset w/ stan strips. they popped right on and have held air great. ride really well, though only 2 rides on them.

if they keeping riding well and hold up, i am going to switch over to the 2.5 muddy marys from DHFs on my heavy duty DH wheelset

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah i need a 2.35 for the rear I have 2 - 2.5 muddy marys for the front. They rock, Im surpised at how well they hook up. As soon as I get the rear Ill do a snow run here at the park next snowfall, the minions did well but I know the MMs will do better in snow based on pattern!