Quantcast

Schweitzer Roll Call and Musings on Padden

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I got my DFL at Padden :( so what the heck it time to go to Schweitzer. At Padden I was on my second lap when pro roder Ryan Treborn blows by lapping me. I think 4 or 5 other riders lapped me although they started earlier. The only consolation and I had to think this one out, I was still on the same lap with everyone that started with me when I finished.

On the plus side a couple of RM's Wanker and Logan picked up 2nd and 3rd places among 6 lap riders. I took maybe the strongest Jr XC rider in the state to the race from Roslyn, Gian Dalle and he took home a first place. It was a long day by the time we got back but at least somebody got some schwag.

Nothing on the website for the Indie Races but they were announcing a seventh race meaning there will be two 'throwaway races" for the series champion ship. The seventh race will be at SST.

So who's going over to Schweitzer to race or maybe to check out Altar Boy?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I was gonna go to snap photos - but I won't be able to make it. I might do some BMX racing instead....or at least roll off the starting gate and cross the finish line...in last.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
ug....no cool pics from Schweitzer for Loreto....I'll take all the good shots and good spots when I'm not crashing on the bunny hill.....I'd like to look at Alter Boy.....see what all the hype is about....if I get there and it looks like Beacon, I'll be pissed.... :sneaky: :sneaky:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Secret Squirrel said:
I'd like to look at Alter Boy.....see what all the hype is about....if I get there and it looks like Beacon, I'll be pissed.... :sneaky: :sneaky:
Nothing like Beacon!! Here are some pics of the Alter Boy

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Freak said:
Nothing like Beacon!! Here are some pics of the Alter Boy

Alter Boy.....
:eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
The padden pedal was great... :thumb:

I'm pretty disappointed with my performance. I just got a new job loading trucks at UPS so I went into this race pretty tired. But I was riding at the lead of the race quite a bit and often swapping the lead with miguel and orange jersey dude... ON the last lap I just lost all my energy... Despite that it was a great race. I came in 3rd in sport men 19-29. I beat my time from last year by 2 minutes and the course conditions were way worse this year. I lost at least a couple minutes on the last lap due to my semi bonk.

I hope that indie series website is updated soon with info on the new race. I'm not a big fan of the SST course but the more time I get on it the better cuz i'll be racing 'cross there again this fall.

Only 2 more MTB races to do then we are pretty close to cyclocross season :D :D :D :D :D :D :D anyone else into 'cross?

Not doing schweitzer because I don't have the money.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Wow....just by looking how everyone's ass is on their rear tire...that's gotta be pretty steep...I know when I have to do that much shifting back, I'm going to be pulling my undie's outta my ass for a week cause of the "Pucker Factor"...... :sneaky: :sneaky:

Maybe I'll like it after all!! :evil:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
mattv2099 said:
The padden pedal was great... :thumb:

I was riding at the lead of the race quite a bit and often swapping the lead with miguel and orange jersey dude...
Not doing schweitzer because I don't have the money.
I figured you were going to have trouble with Miguel. That guy rides like a monkey through some of the tech stuff. I was thinking you might have a shot with the hill but there wasnt enough of a climb there, plus its also a little twisty. I know that feeling well of working and then racing-especially if you were working nights. Wanker had to do the same thing and then leave for work right after the race. I was a little over my head in the expert category but I hung in there with some of the women. ;) Anyway that Padden is a nice "home" course for the locals. After Schweitzer its on to the Greenwater Gamble. I have heard its a faster course and not as techy.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Borregokid said:
I figured you were going to have trouble with Miguel. That guy rides like a monkey through some of the tech stuff. I was thinking you might have a shot with the hill but there wasnt enough of a climb there, plus its also a little twisty. I know that feeling well of working and then racing-especially if you were working nights. Wanker had to do the same thing and then leave for work right after the race. I was a little over my head in the expert category but I hung in there with some of the women. ;) Anyway that Padden is a nice "home" course for the locals. After Schweitzer its on to the Greenwater Gamble. I have heard its a faster course and not as techy.
This is the first race ever that ZERO sport 30-39 men caught up to me. I think that's because your son stopped sandbagging and finally moved up! It looks like your son could go semi pro if he wanted to. He's freaking fast. I was flying by miguel on the climbs. Then he'd catch me on the downhills! That guy is an amazing downhiller.

I work the evening shift at UPS throwing 50 pound packages into semi trailers. It's very tiring work. not the greatest training aid!

see you at the next race.

wanker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
Ferndale
Hey Matt,

I commute to and from work (BP Cherry Point) about 8 miles each way.......my shift on the weekend of the PMP...... started 5pm and ended 5am.......I woke up about 12:30pm.......registered by 1:30pm.......started racing about 2pm......finished with lap 6 about 4pm.......and back to work at 5pm for another 12hrs of fun.

I have high hopes of being rested, acclimated, and ready to dominate in the Schweitzer race.......actually I have quite a bit of respect for my competitors....especially since it will only be my second expert race.

Goodluck in the following 2 Indie Series races......I don't think I will be making these races.....but you will probably see me for the broken spoke festival.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Secret Squirrel said:
ug....no cool pics from Schweitzer for Loreto....I'll take all the good shots and good spots when I'm not crashing on the bunny hill.....I'd like to look at Alter Boy.....see what all the hype is about....if I get there and it looks like Beacon, I'll be pissed.... :sneaky: :sneaky:
I never rode Alter Boy.....but I raced the national the first year they had it there and watched people dang near freefall tot he base of that section....

:eek:

Scary stuff. I spent the day just trying to hold on to my Hbars....my hands were so beat after one run....it is brutal. I heard the sport Beg course was more like the old WIM std course last year. I can't imagine how blown out the AlterBoy and connected trails are now after 2-3 seasons on them. :)

Everyone have fun and stay safe.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Thanks for the encouragement-a lot of people got hurt over there last year. I think I broke a couple of ribs. The XC course while generally fast has some interesting drops that some said made it worst than the Sport DH. Last year was a lot of fun out in the Fire Department Parking lot hanging out with bikers. There were a lot of Washington riders, this year I am not sure

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
hey, im here in sandpoint right now, Im from so cal and after the nat. were going to colorado, where so we ride on the way there??? The course looks sick!