Quantcast

Scott nitrous 10 or Sx trail 2

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Hey guys I need some rider advise, im getting a new frame but im running into a problem. I can either get a sx trail 2 for 1700, or I can either get a nitrous 10 Scott for 1300. The SX trail in nice light and a great FSR suspension, but I get more travel with the Scott for a lower price with the average single pivot design, and yes the FSR would be nice for pedaling forces. So these are my problems either get the Scott save money that could be used for another part or go all out with the SX trail and spend all my cash. What should I do? Please help:help:

Thank you

Adam

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Spend all your cash on the SX Trail, you won't regret it. I rode one a few days ago and it felt awesome, cheap DH bikes always feel like crap.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Better get it quick. Scott lost their legal battle against Specialized and all Horst-Link bikes are being pulled from America.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The Scott's construction just looks cheap to me. I would go for the SX, that bike rails. If you're looking for a manuverable light bike that can take hits well too get the SX, if you're looking for a more DH oriented bike (as in it can't go uphill, which doesn't mean it's faster down either) get the Scott.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
i don't really intend to go up hill so much mostly downhill like tunnel. I really like the look of the sx and the great reviews. I was woundering, do any of you think this bike will handle tunnel alright? This is the one question that is really bothering me.
I need an answer

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Jesus Christ you have made like three threads about this just buy the bike and stop talking about some trail in santa barbra that half the peoole on ridemonkey dont know about. Seriously tunnel means nothing to me i just picture a fat kid named adam riding his expensive bike through a tunnel.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
bballboy388 said:
Jesus Christ you have made like three threads about this just buy the bike and stop talking about so trail in santa barbra that half the peoole on ridemonkey dont know about. Seriously tunnel means nothing to me i just picture a fat kid named adam riding his expensive bike through a tunnel.
Shut up. Everyone else in this thread lives like 45 minutes away from this kid and rides Tunnel trail. A bike is a big investment, so I can understand wanting to get the right one. And yes, I do think this bike would handle Tunnel fine because you can finesse it through the rocks. I've seen people riding Tunnel on old Giant hardtails with V-Brakes and an undamped fork. I'm sure the SX would be just fine.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
thanxs im going to the store and to see if they can get me the sx for 1500, but if they can't i just go with a nitrous 10 for 1300 thank for all the help.