Quantcast

Scott Peterson Trial - the Verdict will be

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
biggins said:
But hey, maybe he's made enough of a name for himself now he can get a book deal or something. It'll be a best seller.
uh, people in prison can't profit from their crimes.

also, to the jerk with the santa hat. (milo, is that you?) some of us can multi task.....

i sit infront of a cuntputer all day long. sometimes, i look at cnn and guess what, I see stuff.

:mumble: :D

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
People get so wound up over this stuff because they (we ) are tired of reading about the fumblings of an ineffective court system - a court system that thinks it's more important to lock away the kid selling pot than the pedophile, rapist , etc...

It's messed up that it should be this way, but I believe that people want to see someone (who's been in the spotlight and is guilty of a genuinely heinous crime) fry for what they have done - It reaffirms our faith in the notion of justice.

J

JRB

pnj said:
also, to the jerk with the santa hat. (milo, is that you?) some of us can multi task.....

i sit infront of a cuntputer all day long. sometimes, i look at cnn and guess what, I see stuff.

:mumble: :D
Can you see me shooting the bird??? I am just saying that it depresses me that the country is concerned with other peoples affairs. That is what has gotten in such a sad state of affairs. I don't criticize you for keeping up with the trial. I am sure you weren't glued to the tv. If you were glued to the trial, you wouldn't have seen that stupid ass wife swap show.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Not that I followed the case, and not that I care...but it's pretty amazing that he is guilty on speculations!!

oh well...not gonna stop me from riding..

biggins said:
...plus i didnt say that they got committed for that. they get it because they killed somebody. But hey, maybe he's made enough of a name for himself now he can get a book deal or something. It'll be a best seller.
Not murderers getting committed.......Murders committed(the act of). When you claim the murder rate would drop if it weren't popularized, your implying murders are committed to gain popularity. I'm pretty sure Scott wasn't thinking of fame when he offed his wife and unborn son.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Acadian said:
Not that I followed the case, and not that I care...but it's pretty amazing that he is guilty on speculations!!

oh well...not gonna stop me from riding..
I'd think that the evidence was a bit more than circumstantial - it's very likely that the public has only seen a small portion of what's going on.

J

JRB

I personally don't see how the country can form their own verdict based on circumstance and news reports. That is why I don't get into it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
s1ngletrack said:
People get so wound up over this stuff because they (we ) are tired of reading about the fumblings of an ineffective court system - a court system that thinks it's more important to lock away the kid selling pot than the pedophile, rapist , etc...

It's messed up that it should be this way, but I believe that people want to see someone (who's been in the spotlight and is guilty of a genuinely heinous crime) fry for what they have done - It reaffirms our faith in the notion of justice.
man it doesnt have anything to do with the court system or justice. its called shodenfreud ( spelling). deriving pleasure from another persons displeausure or unfortunate circumstances.

its just another car wreck to stare at on the road of life and make people think "wow im glad i aint got it that bad"

either that or people are just so bored that they need something to give them emotion and this trial conjured up emotion within them.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
loco-gringo said:
I personally don't see how the country can form their own verdict based on circumstance and news reports. That is why I don't get into it.
Yeah. I agree. Plus, I just read that people outside the courthouse we're cheering.

I don't know why, but that bugged the hell out of me. I mean, come on get a life!

Besides, regardless of verdict, no one really knows what happened. So all these people standing outside cheering are stupid.

J

JRB

I don't see how, with media coverage, anyone in a high profile case can get a fair trial. The only people that don't have exposure that could be on the jury would be someone like the uni-bomber.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
loco-gringo said:
Can you see me shooting the bird??? I am just saying that it depresses me that the country is concerned with other peoples affairs. That is what has gotten in such a sad state of affairs. I don't criticize you for keeping up with the trial. I am sure you weren't glued to the tv. If you were glued to the trial, you wouldn't have seen that stupid ass wife swap show.

nice birdy. :D

I wasn't keep up with the trial. I got the start of the case when it first happend on the news. then I cought a tid bit last night on the news when they were saying someone couldn't throw a body out of a boat the size scott the dickhead used without the boat flipping. I thought that was really dumb because I know I could throw a body out of a boat without it tipping.

yea, tough call. watch horrible news or horrible wife swap..... :blah:

J

JRB

pnj said:
yea, tough call. watch horrible news or horrible wife swap..... :blah:

I would just chill at your bar and listen to heavy metal and grill every once in a while. You could also check out Wal-mart. :D

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
biggins said:
man it doesnt have anything to do with the court system or justice. its called shodenfreud ( spelling). deriving pleasure from another persons displeausure or unfortunate circumstances.

its just another car wreck to stare at on the road of life and make people think "wow im glad i aint got it that bad"

either that or people are just so bored that they need something to give them emotion and this trial conjured up emotion within them.
Hmmm....I think that comment, along with my "bloodthirsty" comment, and the coment about people cheering outside have some validity and it makes me realize something: this is the modern-day equivelent of the Roman "circuses" and gladitorial combat! People deriving pleasure from anothers misery and showing bloodlust because it is happening to somebody else and not them.

I guess I wouldn't have made a very good Roman :rolleyes:

I also agree about the whole trial-by-media thing. I'm sure the average Court-TV watcher doesn't have the full story. If there is any doubt of his guilt, I hope he goes free. It is better to take the chance of a guilty man going free than an innocent man being punished. I hope justice is served either way.

See...we did learn something by reading this thread :)

J

JRB

towelie said:
Hmmm....I think that comment, along with my "bloodthirsty" comment, and the coment about people cheering outside have some validity and it makes me realize something: this is the modern-day equivelent of the Roman "circuses" and gladitorial combat! People deriving pleasure from anothers misery and showing bloodlust because it is happening to somebody else and not them.

I guess I wouldn't have made a very good Roman :rolleyes:

Me neither. I seem like an ass, but hate to see anything suffer.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
towelie said:
Wow...you seem really confident about that :evil: :nope: :devil: :sneaky:

Is there something you'd like to tell us?

jk

well, first of all, if your in a boat, don't forget to bring a towel.

to get a large or heavy object out of a boat without tipping the boat, don't try to dump it out the side. dump it off the back or the front. far less chance of the boat tipping over.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
biggins said:

In a society where a station like "The WB" can thrive - maybe you're right, and maybe I am giving far too much credit to the average Joe.

I probably should have started that whole post with - "I like it because..."

And really - what is bloodlust when you are talking about someone who killed their wife and unborn kid on Christmas Eve because his new lifestyle didn't suit him?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
Then he would just be a dead stupid ass. Props to him for trying to get away with it instead of being and pussy and rolling over. Glad it's over. My step mom can rest now. I am sure she got all stupid giddy when they announced it. Too bad America has nothing better to do. :dead:

yeah props to him for dragging her poor family through two years of this crap. and his for that matter.

My grandma was so freakin hooked on the OJ trial...I was wondering what she was gonna do when that was over...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
s1ngletrack said:

Exactly...I hate your spider avatar but I like how you put the santa hat on him.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pnj said:
well, first of all, if your in a boat, don't forget to bring a towel.

to get a large or heavy object out of a boat without tipping the boat, don't try to dump it out the side. dump it off the back or the front. far less chance of the boat tipping over.

Have you seen the size of some of those sturgeon that come outta that bay??? I think someone could dump or pull in a body without capsizing the boat...definitely...course I don't fish, but I know Primus caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty pound test in San Pablo Bay and their boat didn't capsize...

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
<cut> but I know Primus caught a hundred pound sturgeon on twenty pound test in San Pablo Bay and their boat didn't capsize...
Holy smokies is that useless information that no one should hold onto. :D