Quantcast

SEA monkeys

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yo. I'll be up in the area second half of next week, specifically in Mukilteo. Any recommendations for places to eat/see/have a beer?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Also I will have a rental car so I can get around a bit if that matters.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've spent a bunch of time in the Muk...

There is a brewery in town, Diamond Knot Brewing Company. It is pretty good from what I hear (I don't drink)

There is also a trail to ride, Japanese Gulch, if you have a bicycle.

Down at the Clinton Ferry terminal there is a nice Ivar's restaurant. If you like Chowder or seafood I suppose.

My cousin lives in Muk if you need anything, let me know.

I'm assuming your going to Boeing... that place is crazy big. Drove past it yesterday after spending the day on Whidbey Island with my family.

There are tons of breweries in Seattle proper, Mukilteo is about 35-60 minutes north depending on traffic.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've spent a bunch of time in the Muk...

There is a brewery in town, Diamond Knot Brewing Company. It is pretty good from what I hear (I don't drink)

There is also a trail to ride, Japanese Gulch, if you have a bicycle.

Down at the Clinton Ferry terminal there is a nice Ivar's restaurant. If you like Chowder or seafood I suppose.

My cousin lives in Muk if you need anything, let me know.

I'm assuming your going to Boeing... that place is crazy big. Drove past it yesterday after spending the day on Whidbey Island with my family.

There are tons of breweries in Seattle proper, Mukilteo is about 35-60 minutes north depending on traffic.
Yeah I'll have a little time off to explore, so stuff like that's what I'm after. No bike unfortunately. Thanks a bunch.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If you are flying in or out of seatac in the morning, try the Hangar Cafe. Ate there on the way through a few months ago. Bitchin food. Bacon and brie on a waffle, and strong coffee. They make crepes too.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
strong coffee is the only coffee we know.

also, crappy but fun dirt jumps in/near Des Moines.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Looks like I'm moving up there. I'd say 90% at this point. Waiting on one other offer that I think is coming but it's going to have to be pretty nuts $$ wise for me to pay much attention.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:thumb:

Either live close or have an express bus/light rail commute.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah. Unfortunately the job is in Mukilteo and as single guy in his 20's it seems preeeety quiet up there. I'd love to live close but not sure how well I can do that and be somewhere I'm into living. Public transport doesn't really make it up there.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Public transit makes it the other way pretty well, from Muk to Sea and back for people working in Seattle, living in Mukilteo. Community Transit rt 880, or so it was a few years back.

Going your way, living south and working in Muk, doesn't work, though, you're right...

Compromise: Live in Ballard and reverse commute in a car up 99? I'd definitely live north of downtown for the northbound commute. Don't want to be crossing downtown every day.

Last edited:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Yeah. Unfortunately the job is in Mukilteo and as single guy in his 20's it seems preeeety quiet up there. I'd love to live close but not sure how well I can do that and be somewhere I'm into living. Public transport doesn't really make it up there.
Ballard/Fremont area would be right up the single, 20-something lifestyle. And it's not that bad of a commute up to Mukilteo. Or you could live in Everett, have a 5 minute commute, and get addicted to heroin. That seems to be a trend that's occurring...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ha, Mukilteo is a pretty quiet place. Fremont/Ballard is hip and vibrant. It would be an easy commute but traffic can be hell at the right times of day. If you had odd commute hours the drive would be cake. There is also the interurban trail which is pretty extensive. Look it up and you will find that you can get around pretty well on a bicycle. edit - If you don't mind rain 3/4 of the year haha

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ballard/Fremont area would be right up the single, 20-something lifestyle. And it's not that bad of a commute up to Mukilteo. Or you could live in Everett, have a 5 minute commute, and get addicted to heroin. That seems to be a trend that's occurring...
It would seem like Ballard would be a pretty good place to get hooked on heroin. There are always plenty of tweaked out zombies stumbling around near the locks.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
or Queen Anne, get on at Mercer. 99 all the way to mukilteo would be a pain with all the lights. I lived in two places on Queen Anne and also up by Northgate right near 99 (really ****ty neighbourhood), right by the cemetery and hospital. I was working in Everett 99 was never the best way to go.

The only good thing about Seattle is its proximity to Vancouver.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It would seem like Ballard would be a pretty good place to get hooked on heroin. There are always plenty of tweaked out zombies stumbling around near the locks.
Always looking to try something new. Thanks!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
But unless something drastic has happened in the 8 years since I left, public transit was totally worthless. of course I come from a place where it is socially acceptable to take public transit. and therefore it's pretty well supported. It was my experience that public transit in Seattle was seen as for poor people only.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
But unless something drastic has happened in the 8 years since I left, public transit was totally worthless. of course I come from a place where it is socially acceptable to take public transit. and therefore it's pretty well supported. It was my experience that public transit in Seattle was seen as for poor people only.
When my knees were bothering me last winter I was forced off the bike and onto the bus for about a month. Most of the other bus riders were professionals going to and from work.

Last edited:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
public transit for poor people only.
duh.

Seattle has the worst traffic in the USA. or in the top 3-5.

Ballard is the worst place to live if you want to leave/get home. If you work in Ballard, living there could be cool, if you're young/hip/etc.

Working in Muk = you want to live someplace north of seattle.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
When my knees were bothering me last winter I was forced off the bike and onto the bus for about a month. Most of the other bus riders were professionals going to and from work.
When i first got there, I asked my co-workers about commuting with public transit. They are screwed up their faces and said "WHY?? You have a job." maybe things have changed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When i first got there, I asked my co-workers about commuting with public transit. They are screwed up their faces and said "WHY?? You have a job." maybe things have changed.
Did you ever consider the fact that their revulsion was a response to talking to you and not the question posed?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Another question. Anyone have a good resource for finding places/people to ride with in the area? Mostly interested in AM and DH sort of stuff.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
This is highly dependent on the route and neighborhoods served. White Center bus crowd is a far cry from, say, the 71 to UW