Quantcast

Sea OTter 2004(in pictures) not dial up friendly

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
I went looking through my sea otter pics for shots of kyle the other day. Came across a lot of stuff that I'd never posted. Since it doesn't look like my dreams of becoming a rich and famous mountain bike photographer, published far and wide is going to pan out, I'll just post them in this thread- enjoy! :redX:

Mike King

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
DHracer1067 said:
if there a link in there somewhere cause i only see 1 picture.
he really meant to call the thread "SEa OTter 2004(in picture)" :D

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
Awesome pics! Its to bad that your plan isnt working out, Id rather see your pics in magazines more that a lot of the stuff out there now.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Scurry said:
Awesome pics! Its to bad that your plan isnt working out, Id rather see your pics in magazines more that a lot of the stuff out there now.

This is a very true statement, I use a "my pictures slideshow" for my screensaver and it is almost 100% derek's pics...Huge fan of his work, he needs some more exposure

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
derekpearson said:
famous mountain bike photographer, published far and wide is going to pan out, I'll just post them in this thread- enjoy!
Notice I cut out "rich," but why not? Your photos are far better than a lot of those published in mags and in ads...

It's a matter of knowing people rather than talent, I think. With your talent, you should have no problem selling your images. I don't know if you have the time to devote to making contacts for MTB photo as opposed to your other moneymaking photo genres, but it'd probably be worth it...

Then again, I've probably just told you nothing that you don't already know.

MD

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
I'm not sure if I have any of SanJay or not. I'll post them up if I run across some though, and thanks for the words of encouragement ...
Maybe someday I'll get discovered-pass the word would you? :)
In the meantime-
Proof that downhillers are lazy

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
derekpearson said:
I went looking through my sea otter pics for shots of kyle the other day. Came across a lot of stuff that I'd never posted. Since it doesn't look like my dreams of becoming a rich and famous mountain bike photographer, published far and wide is going to pan out, I'll just post them in this thread- enjoy! :redX:
Derek, your pics are pretty rad!...I have seen your music pics too...real nice work. I aspire to shoot that good some day.

Thanks for shootin

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
stiksandstones said:
Derek, your pics are pretty rad!...I have seen your music pics too...real nice work. I aspire to shoot that good some day.

Thanks for shootin
Thanks Stikman, I appreciate that.

manhatattaatta39r - yeah I was just kidding :)

Stab Primo- Im just grabbing random shots, so I probably will run across some of those sooner or later.

Lisa Sher

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't know how you do it, DP, but your pictures just blow away any others that i see. even without my glasses on, they just look so much cleaner.

Smiftie

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
It's Bailey, period, Cause like what was said, Kirkcaldie has dragons.

Also the american flag painted helmet was last year (03).