Quantcast

Sea Otter 2007

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
The new Tomac bikes look dope I think, must be hard for Tomes as his kid is racing the World Mini Championships this week. (Eli has got 2 4th places so far).

Ok, back to the Cedric love affair thread.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
the twin tube technology and the good team work with óhlins suspension,the number one leader in suspension technology and the cane creek DB is based on the TTX40 shock from óhlins and it's the most adjustable and advanced rear shock on the market.
I know all about it. They are only 35 mins away from me. Plus a lot of my friends ride on them. I have known about Ohlins techology before Cane Creek got a hold of them. Ran Ohins rear shocks on both my Street and dirt bikes in the past.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
what i've seen is that steve peats and sam hills bikes are using 6 inch rotors instead off 8 inch rotors,is this gotta be the new hype for running with smaller disc's on the big DH race bikes to save weigth.

Honus

Monkey
Jun 6, 2006
Boulder, CO
the twin tube technology and the good team work with óhlins suspension,the number one leader in suspension technology and the cane creek DB is based on the TTX40 shock from óhlins and it's the most adjustable and advanced rear shock on the market.
The reason why the CCDB works so well is that it meters the entire volume of oil on both sides of the piston- the piston rod volume doesn't generate any damping forces, only a change in gas volume and gas chamber pressure. The reason why the DB is so sensitive is the metering of the entire volume below the piston for generating damping forces on bump. Ohlins didn't invent this technology- it was actually first concieved and patented by a small suspension manufacturer in the UK in 1987 named Q-tec. It was considered revolutionary at the time in the racecar world.

The TTX40 is a much more advanced and completely different beast as it is a through shaft damper design, which does away with having to deal with the piston rod volume altogether. This is a pretty commmon damper design that is used in F1. We probably won't see a shock like the TTX40 because of the space requirements needed due to the design, but you never know....

I'll be very curious to see what RockShox comes up with to make it that much different. Maybe they've encorporated a type a frequency selective damping- a more sophisticated type of platform control/valving........

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
It's raining here in Santa Cruz right now, how are things back at Laguna Seca? One day of mild rain could make the DH super nice and tacky, it was getting a bit dusty with a few sandy spots popping up yesterday.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
what i've seen is that steve peats and sam hills bikes are using 6 inch rotors instead off 8 inch rotors,is this gotta be the new hype for running with smaller disc's on the big DH race bikes to save weigth.

ummm... it's sea otter, not a world cup track

lot's of guys have superlight setups for this race, and go back to more conventional setups when they are on an actual downhill course

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Lopes went out vs Bryn in the round of 8 I think. DS racing action was tight with several nail biters, come backs, and upsets. Mick vs Jared for the final was wicked tight.

-ska todd

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Jurgen 6th place!! and I think he was in there for Super D as well.
Without a doubt the most underrated bad ass in DH history is Beneke. So stoked to see his name in the results in 2007!

If we had real DH media this would be the lead story everywhere-but I guess we are stuck with how cool australia is or how huckflipfin did a tailwhip nac grind.

(History Time, 1994 CapD'ail france, I saw Benny on a manitou FS bike-the one with elastomers on rear end, one of the biggest piles of sh1t ever. I asked to ride his bike around parking lot, and it was such a hunk of junk. I don't remember what result he got, I know he was podium and I remember watching him in practice absolutely in 5th gear wide open. He is pretty Chuck Norris like.)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Jurgen made an appearance at Ste Anne and the US Open last year rockin a hockey jersey and his old school giant shorts. I hope to god he is making a mini comeback.

Nicest guy out there, and as Stik said, a complete ninja.

And ya, he was "up there" in the super D....second behind Adam Craig and ahead of a bunch of blood doping lycra jockeys. Craig said he had to seriously get on the gas to beat Jurgen in the final climb for the victory. Beneke was "first one over the top' according to Craig.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Jurgen made an appearance at Ste Anne and the US Open last year rockin a hockey jersey and his old school giant shorts. I hope to god he is making a mini comeback.

Nicest guy out there, and as Stik said, a complete ninja.

And ya, he was "up there" in the super D....second behind Adam Craig and ahead of a bunch of blood doping lycra jockeys. Craig said he had to seriously get on the gas to beat Jurgen in the final climb for the victory. Beneke was "first one over the top' according to Craig.
Yeah, I saw him at some of the regular Diablo Domination races. Dude is crazy fast. Looks like he's legit this year, based on the early results.:thumb: