Quantcast

Sea Otter 2008

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
well, it looks like Sea Otter is getting pushed back yet another month!

i still doubt if teams will have their new bikes/parts/gear together by that time! hahaha

it said in their PR that they're moving the date based on a few issues.. one being "the likely schedules of national and international racing and event calendars for 2008". Interesting since the Fontana NMBS has been the first weekend of May. I guess this pushes dates around more... we'll see how it turns out at the end of this year!

MONTEREY, Calif. (May 11, 2007) Organizers for the Sea Otter Classic, a Celebration of Sport, announced today the event dates for the 18th annual event would be May 1- 4, 2008. At a recent strategic planning meeting, the event's directors considered several factors in determining the move into early May. Key factors included the probability of better weather conditions and the likely schedules of national and international racing and event calendars for 2008.

"In response to requests and recommendations from our athletes, fans, and sponsors, we have decided to host the Sea Otter Classic on May 1-4, 2008," said Frank Yohannan, president and CEO of the Sea Otter Classic, Inc. "We look forward to seeing all our supporters at the 18th Annual Sea Otter Classic."

Mark your calendars and start your training; next year's Sea Otter Classic will set a global stage in the ramp up to the Beijing Olympics. Stay tuned to www.seaotterclassic.com!

###

About Sea Otter Classic, Inc.
The 18th Annual Sea Otter Classic will be held May 1-4, 2008 at the Laguna Seca Recreation Area, Monterey, California, USA. The four-day 'Celebration of Sport' is considered the world's largest cycling festival, hosting nearly 10,000 professional and amateur athletes and 50,000 fans. The Cypress Youth Fund is the Sea Otter Classic's philanthropic arm. The Fund provides funding to organizations that benefit their communities in the areas of youth, sport, education, and environment. More information can be found at www.seaotterclassic.com or by calling 800-218-8411.

###

Online version of this release can be viewed here: www.boohermedia.com/SOC/2008/08SOC_dates.htm

Wendy Booher
wendy@boohermedia.com

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Way too early in advance for the average joe to plan for. If I remember right, it rained that weekend this year also, so I don't see how this gives us better weather?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
sounds good to me, maybe I will actually be able to go next year. I would like it better if it was in June though :-).

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
now its not going to be during spring break(the days that arent on the weekend) so now less ppl will go.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Sea Otter should send out a poll to find out when everone can make it. I'm down for the last week of May. Or maybe the 1st week of Febuary. What about you?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
yah, dates kinda suck... but in regards to the EXACT DATES.... i'm sure it'll run on the weekend... i've noticed that SEA OTTER, NORBA, ETC... have advertised dates running on weekdays, but in fact they run on the concurrent weekend as well... (so don' think it'll only run on the weekend....it's been like this for years)