Quantcast

Sea Otter Classic 2007

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I was talking to Keith DeFiebre this weekend at the Moterey Toro Park Race and he was telling me about Sea Otter 2007. He is/has been in charge of the Dual Slalom track for years and he told me that this year they are going to be taking out Mountaincross. Instead they will have a BMX race in the same area, with probobly a similar course to this years. He said that this is because they hope to increase the attendence to the event and that should help. Another new thing that he said that they will be hosting is a slopestyle event. I have no clue where in Laguna Seca that they would put a slopestyle course, but Im sure that they could find some place. I dont know if this is old news or not, so I thought I would share it with you guys.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Another new thing that he said that they will be hosting is a slopestyle event. I have no clue where in Laguna Seca that they would put a slopestyle course, but Im sure that they could find some place.
Maybe on the hill they have/had the DS and 4x races on? The "DH" race hill might be good.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
****ING GAY!
I am done with the Otter. 4X at the Otter is a staple, and now they're taking it out to placate some bunch of kids on 20" bikes. **** that, I'm done.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
****ING GAY!
I am done with the Otter. 4X at the Otter is a staple, and now they're taking it out to placate some bunch of kids on 20" bikes. **** that, I'm done.
You must be new to Sea Otter, they only added it in like 3-4 years ago at most. Slalom has been at Otter for friggin' ever, as have the road races. Downhill is even semi new at the event (a few years before 4x though).

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
can we really call the Dh a DH? Modified trail ride with a gravity assist perhaps.

I'm just annoyed with the world getting away from more gravity events. How about the 4x and the BMX, on the same track. Too much to ask?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
can we really call the Dh a DH? Modified trail ride with a gravity assist perhaps.

I'm just annoyed with the world getting away from more gravity events. How about the 4x and the BMX, on the same track. Too much to ask?
Then the 4x riders complain it is flat, the jumps are too small and the berms are too tight. BMX is an olympic event now. They will get a huge turnout probably in California. It's a smart business move.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
sweet, I'm gonna race the DH, and the crusier class in BMX... Then sip a few Sierra Nevada's, and watch the Slopestyle. This should be a great year!