Quantcast

sea otter dh results

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
So if you wanna be a good Junior then you should be from CA.
Bah, wait and see once there's a race on a real mountain that's worth the time and effort Sea Otter and Fontana that East Coast juniors actually attend.
Then try to make that assumption. :brows:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
There actually no such thing as a seaotter DH race

oh and Beneke 8th in DH,

Beneke 2nd in SD,

Burn WEIRd
What do you mean?

Weir came in first place... in XC Tandem!

I did think it was strange he didn't enter the DH race. I guess he didn't want to get dusted.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
HILL, SAM M 23 LAKE ELSINORE CA USA :huh:
So I guess the big secret is out... Sam Hill is actually a native of California. That whole "Aussie" thing is just for marketing. When he talks he actually sounds like Spiccoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

Lookin' forward to Sam killing it at the Worlds this year.

Go USA!

:biggrin:

...apparently Lake Elisnore, California has seceded from the United States and is now part of Australia. Quite frankly, this was bound to happen sooner or later... I think we all saw this coming...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
So I guess the big secret is out... Sam Hill is actually a native of California. That whole "Aussie" thing is just for marketing. When he talks he actually sounds like Spiccoli from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

Lookin' forward to Sam killing it at the Worlds this year.

Go USA!

:biggrin:

...apparently Lake Elisnore, California has seceded from the United States and is now part of Australia. Quite frankly, this was bound to happen sooner or later... I think we all saw this coming...
Does this meen I need to wrestle aligators and scream "Krikey"!:banghead:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
It was nice meeting a bunch of you guys out there.

Here is me (Men's Sport 19-24:
2 636 MAURER, JOSH SCOTTS VALLEY CA 02:40.41M 23 USA

Booyeah.

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Definately the best dh course I've seen at otter so far, or should I say uphill. I really need a short travel bike to race on courses like that, the demo was killin' me. :dead: my results aren't posted yet, but I believe I had a 02.36.something. I placed about mid-pack in expert 18 & under. they really need to start making seperate courses. by the time experts were racing, everything was sooo blown out.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Definately the best dh course I've seen at otter so far, or should I say uphill. I really need a short travel bike to race on courses like that, the demo was killin' me. :dead: my results aren't posted yet, but I believe I had a 02.36.something. I placed about mid-pack in expert 18 & under. they really need to start making seperate courses. by the time experts were racing, everything was sooo blown out.
Top 3 juniors please? :redface:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Isn't Sea Otter the place where Sam Hill sandbags it to give everyone else a shot at the glory before he pounds them into the ground for the rest of the year?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
well, that was my first sea otter, first dh race really, i raced sport 15-18 and did not so good...i can't complain, i dialed the top section pretty well compared to my practice runs so i was stoked on that. e13 bailed me out again, love their customer service. my guide somehow rotated during my run and wedged the plastic backplate into my chain, which made for some pedaling and shifting issues, but they fixed it in 10 minutes for free. i like this whole DH race thing, i hated XC racing back when i did it but DH is far more fun. note to self: race DS next year.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I dug the course. It was pretty fun. A little rough on a 5 inch travel bike at points, but still totally manageable.

Anyone know where/when nationals are going to be this year?

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Isn't Sea Otter the place where Sam Hill sandbags it to give everyone else a shot at the glory before he pounds them into the ground for the rest of the year?
He pinned the qualifiers to remind everyone who the boss is, and then coasted the final. I saw him do the top section of the finals and he looked smooth, but didn't look like he was trying to hard.