Quantcast

sea otter dirt jump contest jumps

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
looks like it's going up hill!!

actuallly from the location, it looks like it's pretty flat...maybe a slight descent.....donno maybe it has a fast downward approach...might be next to a hillside.

i'm still waiting for you to jump either a tricycle, or a unicycle

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
DylanDeanDesign said:
looks like it's going up hill!!

actuallly from the location, it looks like it's pretty flat...maybe a slight descent.....donno maybe it has a fast downward approach...might be next to a hillside.

i'm still waiting for you to jump either a tricycle, or a unicycle
Well right now I am not quite sure what I will be jumping. There is that swap meet down in San Diego on Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to bike up some goofy, cheap bike down there. Have fun at Fontana doing whatevere it is that you do there.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Get a 3 wheel bike that'd rule.
What class you racing this year sanjay you step upto pro? If you are coming out to snowshoe hit me up ill be living and working out there this year instead of doing another crazy trip cross country to whistler. I got a floor when i do get a place.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Metal said:
Are those going downhill? If they are flat, I am not be able to get my special bike up to speed.
Tow in...definitely tow-in.

Your cruiser jump last year was nuts, I'm excited to see what will happen this year.

The Ito

MichaelT

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
home
Todd Bosch is one of the supporting sponsors of the event. He tried for title sponsorship for this event but alas, it was just too expensive. He is however the title sponsor of Florida's Ice Fishing series.

If you are not sure who Todd Bosch is then you should 'check it fe-La'

http://www.evilbikes.com/intelligence.htm

Michael

e.thirteen / Evil

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
swiss said:
expensive. He is however the title sponsor of Florida's Ice Fishing series.
That is pretty freaking funny!!!

This local of ours that goes by the name of Santiago or SG3 claims to be out there at the Otter helping with the jump building. If anyone sees him and the jumps suck feel free to :nuts: :eek:

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
The jumps in the first thread are in the "Freeride Park" area where they have the ramps and drops just like the last two years. I was there this morning to check progress on the 4x and slalom courses and saw the jumps, they are pretty big and seemed to have three lines to tranny to different sections. There also was a few more large piles of dirt for more..... The 4x track looks really long compared to last years, looks like they are trying to be a little more World Cup type., long straits with minimal turns?

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
F.O.G said:
The jumps in the first thread are in the "Freeride Park" area where they have the ramps and drops just like the last two years. I was there this morning to check progress on the 4x and slalom courses and saw the jumps, they are pretty big and seemed to have three lines to tranny to different sections. There also was a few more large piles of dirt for more..... The 4x track looks really long compared to last years, looks like they are trying to be a little more World Cup type., long straits with minimal turns?

Any big jumps or cool rhythm sections?

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Juano said:
Any big jumps or cool rhythm sections?
They look pretty big to me but I don't go that big. Looks like there will be some type of rhythm since the faces of the jumps have multiple lips???

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
F.O.G said:
They look pretty big to me but I don't go that big. Looks like there will be some type of rhythm since the faces of the jumps have multiple lips???
are you going out there again anytime soon? Pics?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
F.O.G said:
That's what I was thinking when I first saw the pic. If that's correct, as I recall the riders will be riding down a decent little hill on entry, should be no problem getting speed.

Jeez with all the complaints in prior years, culminating with last year's fiasco, let's hope they do a better job this year. Sanjay's outstanding performance was the only thing that lightened the mood last year, the rest was just a bitch-fest from (understandably) unhappy riders.

Anyone got any pics of the downhill course yet? Still curious about the new features Town mentioned a while back.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
stiksandstones said:
They "look" like they are on the FLAT section of the slalom finish area, but theres no way they would put them there.

Yep around turn 5 area between old trials area and DS finish.

If so, you can bet a takeoff ramp will be employed so Sanjay should be able to get speed.....but can you pump a jalopy bike between hits?

Good luck Metal and thanks for the $5 fork I recently bought offa you!

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Was out there today working on the Dh and it will be the best ever in its history. Didn't get a chance to see the 4x but it looks very long. The Dh will have some cool jumps and stuff.