Quantcast

Sea Otter..LIVE!

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
biker3 said:
BTW what was up with Rennie and Hill in the DH they were like 10 seconds back?
Rennie's gear slipped up pretty bad two pedals out of the gate. It blew his feet off the pedals and caused him to come almost to a stop while he was trying to get his bike back in gear. Bad luck.

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
Kamil rides for Kona/Les gets world team.
He is national champion in his home country and was 8th or 9th overall int he world cup 4x last year. basically kind of an underdog type rider that know one has really heard of but who has style and skill for miles.

david

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
What happened to Marla.......?......she isnt doing that xc nonsense full-time is she......?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Cant Climb said:
What happened to Marla.......?......she isnt doing that xc nonsense full-time is she......?
She had said 2005 was the year she was going to tour the world on a boat...but I think that might have been another media stunt.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Anyone got pics of the new Be One team frame???
I spent like 20% of my time at the expo and 80% spectating/racing this year.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Motionboy2 said:
Here is a shot of Freak today
Love the pic!!! (And the others too of course, but a bit biased for this one ;) )

Unfortunately neither Freak or I got to race yesterday :(

My rear brake decided to just fade away after my first practice run. Freak tried all he could to get it fixed in time, and was even sweet enough to cannabalize his bike so I could race, but to no avail. One of those fluke things. Oh well...at least I had a good time practicing and seeing everyone and there's always next year!

PAMS 25

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
Métabief, France
Akula_7 said:
Just out of interest is that Jared Graves in the last pic on the bridge there, if so, he is also running Utopias for 05. Good stuff all round. Wheres J Dean to clear all this up!
Rennie, Jonnier , Hannah, etc too. Good job Mister Dean. :cool:

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Velocity Girl said:
Love the pic!!! (And the others too of course, but a bit biased for this one ;) )

Unfortunately neither Freak or I got to race yesterday :(

My rear brake decided to just fade away after my first practice run. Freak tried all he could to get it fixed in time, and was even sweet enough to cannabalize his bike so I could race, but to no avail. One of those fluke things. Oh well...at least I had a good time practicing and seeing everyone and there's always next year!
I still feel bad that I was not there when we have two bikes you guys could have hucked off of... It was just a logistical mishap bec I had to meet Hutchinson in the morning and Heather could not find you guys.. Sorry.. I saw how bummed you two guys were.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Orven said:
I still feel bad that I was not there when we have two bikes you guys could have hucked off of... It was just a logistical mishap bec I had to meet Hutchinson in the morning and Heather could not find you guys.. Sorry.. I saw how bummed you two guys were.
Thanks anyway :) I'm still surprised that Freak's brakes didn't work on my bike :think: I think we just had the unfortunate mishap of having the planets aligned incorrectly that certain parts just wouln't mesh together....I've seen him bleed brakes in a snap so I we're still scratching our heads trying to figure it out :confused: (And I still feel horrible that Freak missed his race trying to help me) But it was good to see you and Heather so that still made the trip worth it :D

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Fonzie18 said:
It's a spider XVP with a shorter Romic and a 3 inch fox float. The speed dents increased this weekend when he tried to X-up and the rebound knob dented the headtube gusset. Haha, so much E-speculation going on here.
Alf, you don't even know what's going on with my bike. The Romic is the stock length.
waaaaah.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
bikenweed said:
The XVP would be faster with some lightning bolts on it. Big ones. Yellow ones. Match them spokes.
I had to ditch my front wheel after the first day practice. My tire popped off the bead exiting the corner before canada bridge #2 causing a spectacular crash. My rim just had too many dents in it for my DH tire.

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
neversummersnow said:
Did anybody else notice two things...

First Garick Anderson elminated Wade Bootes...details?
Second Sanjay has his fingers on his brakes, a rare picture indeed.
big baby g-unit owned that saucer, then almost took out hannah. Watch out fot eh bumble bee cause hes on the buzz.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
stoney98 said:
seriously, someone big needs to pick up sanjay. He's the next Palmer, but less of a dick, and more outrageuos in a cool way!
when i read this i had to put off reading the rest of the thread.

This guy deserves a real spot in the bike world. A subsidised spot :thumb:

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
911 said:
Rennie's gear slipped up pretty bad two pedals out of the gate. It blew his feet off the pedals and caused him to come almost to a stop while he was trying to get his bike back in gear. Bad luck.
SRAM cassettes... I was standing at the gate when it happened; POP. A section of about six teeth was laying in the dirt where he picked himself back up.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Fonzie18 said:
It's a spider XVP with a shorter Romic and a 3 inch fox float. The speed dents increased this weekend when he tried to X-up and the rebound knob dented the headtube gusset. Haha, so much E-speculation going on here.
Did I miss something? Speed dents? Were? In the frame, or the rims?

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
Akula_7 said:
Just out of interest is that Jared Graves in the last pic on the bridge there, if so, he is also running Utopias for 05. Good stuff all round. Wheres J Dean to clear all this up!

yep that's my boy stains! looks like that pic was taken on Thursday....as i didn't get to otter til late Thurs afternoon w/ his white helmet.

Yep he's riding for Utopia! i think i build a damn pretty good team for Utopia this year! Rennie, Graves, Hannah, Jonnier, Havukainen, Buhl, & more!!! Plus i ran into another rider (sorry don't remember your name) that won Semi-Pro, or Expert, or something! Good job all around guys!

jd

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Dylan, It was good to see you again! Luc it was great to finally meet you! Yeti same thing! I am sure I will soon see a series of "josh acting silly at MtnX" Pictures. :)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
DylanDeanDesign said:
AAACK! didn't know it was down. i'll check on it now!

Great to see you again as well! but next time you play king of the mtn at the dirt jump contest i'm gonna nock you off! hahah j/k seeya at the next race!

jd
There were a bunch of photogs trying to knock me off my pearch.. but I held strong!

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
manwithgun said:
SRAM cassettes... I was standing at the gate when it happened; POP. A section of about six teeth was laying in the dirt where he picked himself back up.
I asked Rennie if that's what happened and he had no clue...I felt bad for him, he looked like a little kid who just lost his puppy.

He was like, "I dunno, I just slipped a gear and my feet blew off me pedals." Then I said he was too strong and to slow down. Crazy Austrailians.