Quantcast

Sea Slaughter 2012 (X-post from NorCal forum)

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Who's gonna be there?

Who's racing?

I'm getting my stoke on!

Battle of the Titans! Graves V Lopes

Those berms are so hawt!

X-posting this from the NorCal forum cause no one is home over there.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'm hoping to go, just to ride with friends I have down there, and check out the racing/expo. I will admit that I'd really like to try DS, but don't have a bike for it... :(

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I'm currently torn between racing DH or DS. Don't have the funds pay out the a$$ for two races.

I'm more of a DH guy but the course sucks. The DS course on the other hand is pretty epic (may even be a little gnarly for my Yeti DJ).

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I'm more of a DH guy but the course sucks. The DS course on the other hand is pretty epic (may even be a little gnarly for my Yeti DJ).
Right. I've got a MOB, but it's setup SS with Profiles. Too much work to convert it for racing IMO. Maybe I can convince the Intense guys to let me demo a Tazer VP. ;)

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'll be arriving Saturday, racing Cat 2 XC Clydesdale Sunday. I'll be wearing one of my Alaina jerseys. I'll either be on my Banshee Viento, silver/red, or my Trek Fuel EX9, brushed/silverish.

The best news is I've been granted my own personal plate, #814. OH, and my wife will be with me, too (the benefits of having my own personal masseuse while there, haha).....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I just took a look through the USAC and UCI rules and I did not see any specification for number of gears.
Maybe I'm thinking trials. I thought there was some definition of what the bike had to be - i.e. nothing less than 24" wheels + some working gears.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
^^^

The only thing I can find about gears in the USAC rules is:

For road, cyclo-cross and MTB races, only a bicycle with a freewheel and one working brake on each wheel shall be used, except as allowed elsewhere in these rules.
There is also a definition of "single speed" but no restrictions on using it in a MTB race that I can see:

A Single Speed is any type of bicycle possessing only one rear cog and only one front chainring and with no means of altering the gear ratio in any way for the duration of the race.
I couldn't find much at all on bike specs for MTB events in the UCI rules.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I just called the "Sea Otter Hotline" and the lady on the other end told me there is a single speed category and the single speed bikes are acceptable for the general categories.

Although I don't know if I believe her as there is no mention of a single speed cat on the website.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I just called the "Sea Otter Hotline" and the lady on the other end told me there is a single speed category and the single speed bikes are acceptable for the general categories.

Although I don't know if I believe her as there is no mention of a single speed cat on the website.
I'd enter the DS if there was a SS category...

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Aw sh!t. Didn't realize that online registration ended last night.

Now I have to get up extra early and register before DS practice at 8:00 AM on Thursday.

On the bright side rain is no longer in the forecast!

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
I'm going to try to make it.

Didn't know there are two showings. Whats the schedule?
6pm and 9pm ... tickets for 9pm are almost gone. I believe that is when they are showing the PB Video of The Year vid and awarding the Bike also.... Being downtown, I am quite certain everyone will hit local bars afterwards .....

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
6pm and 9pm ... tickets for 9pm are almost gone. I believe that is when they are showing the PB Video of The Year vid and awarding the Bike also.... Being downtown, I am quite certain everyone will hit local bars afterwards .....
Aw sh!t. I usually pick up tickets once I'm down at the Otter.

Where can I buy them online?

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
The Trek Booth is giving away passes so you may try there. Also I am running a Live Chat Stream on my site an giving away Helmets, Jenson Giftcards, and stuff... If I secure any additional tix from Anthill or anyone I would gladly give them to someone up there... I will post to the feed if I get any extra tickets for the late show ...

Here is the link:

http://www.thedirtywheel.com/seaotter2012.html