Quantcast

search Manitou x vert carbon 8"

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I think they were only ever 7" IIRC. I have the older (orange) ones that were 6", would rather hang onto them than sell though.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I have one that I would sell for a pretty reasonable price, the only problem is that the lower crown is cracked, so if you have one of those or want the rest, let me know.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think they were only ever 7" IIRC. I have the older (orange) ones that were 6", would rather hang onto them than sell though.
Not even that, 170mm of travel if I remember correctly. 6.69"

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
I have one too. Uppers are buggered from rubbing on killed bushings. Very cool fork, looks better without those red stickers on too

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Well since everyone is reporting breakages, I should mention that my arch is cracked :)

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
NateH and Jonny5 have PM.

Reason why i want this fork is because now i have a Specialized DH team (shaun Palmer) and I want the same fork as he had.
Wanted to buy the fork a couple of years ago......but it was me a little to expensive and i had an giant ac team.

Last edited:

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
I take it you read the dirt article? :)

I was planning to do mine up one day if I can find a set of upper tubes. would be a pretty cool all mountain fork I recon :)

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
I take it you read the dirt article? :)

I was planning to do mine up one day if I can find a set of upper tubes. would be a pretty cool all mountain fork I recon :)
don't know i've seen some photo's around, but i have other brakes and stuff so not exectly the same.

Last edited:

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Nate h and jonny 5 still want to sell the forks???

Or is there someone else who has one and wants to sell it..??

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I know of a virtually new Palmer replica specialized here in Oz. An ex bike shop owner owns it, he's an old man, never been DHed, just trail ridden.
PM me an offer and I'll let him know.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I rode a Palmer Spec DH quite a bit in 02-04 when my friend had one. I got pretty extensive time on it with his X-Vert and my 03 Dorado. Frame was a great ride, once we got the shock dialed it felt like an Intense M1, but with a longer wheelbase. It turned okay, but the chainstay was pretty long for the overall length of the bike. Putting the X-Vert up front made for a nearly perfectly front-rear weight balanced bike, but it was like riding a noodle. The suspension felt great, but required too much work to keep it buttery smooth.
When we switched it out the the Dorado, it took a while to get used to the extra weight, but we were puling better times as the front end was tracking better. We were also able to drop the front end a bit more to get a better riding position. I would look into a Dorado as well if you have not been able to ride an X-Vert yet. They are quite possibly the most flexing fork I have ever ridden.
My friend did not notice it as much, but he only weighed 140-150# at the time. I definitely noticed it at 200#.
Just some food for thought.

x rider

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
Ok, but still i want tot try it out.
I'am not heavy weight, i'am 154 lbs:biggrin:

But i keep it in mind "the joker"

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
I got one, but it also has a cracked brake arch. Heres picture of it before the crack.

I also have spare parts for it(if i can find it), such as... i think it was a compression valve or rebound valve, different weight springs.

email me if you're interested.

schwinnstr8 at gmail dot com

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
i used to run the 7" version back in the day. pretty stiff for the day and very light and but even as a 150lb 16 year old I broke the lowers. don't ride too hard on em. that specialized was so ****in tits.

Purdue

Chimp
Aug 7, 2008
Lititz, Pennsylvania
I have the fork your looking for - its in good working order, just a little banged up. let me know if you still interested and we can talk price. I'm located in South Eastern Pennsylvania.

Attachments

kalaius

Chimp
Oct 14, 2004
Hungary
Hi guys,

I also have an X-vert Carbon for sale, problem is, that the upper crown has a crack in it.

But, I 've drawn a new, with holes for integrated stem in it, but for me, having it done with a CNC machine would cost as much as the fork :(

So I'm looking to sell fork and technical drawing or would like to buy an upper crown...

PM if interested.

Last edited:

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
I had the xvert carbon singlecrown...thing was sick

I gave it to my buddy...I think he combined it with the yellow x-vert to makea dual crown for his Sworks...Im sure he still has it...thing was in good shape..