Quantcast

SeaTac Middle Line

PITA

Chimp
Nov 10, 2003
Bellevue, WA
I built a skinny so my son (6 years old) can run the middle line. I tried to build in a manner that can support an adult, but it is really designed with a kid in mind. Please contribute to the build (reinforce, suggestions, etc) and don't take it down.

I appreciate it.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
start it out wide and narrow it out the closer to the end you get. Help him learn how to balance, but he can also get on it at first and not fall off right away.....

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
Hmmm, I understand its for your son & only temporary, for learning - however, I think there is an unwritten rule there (possible agreement & understanding w/ the City), about "No wood structures in the Flowpark"... plus that middle line is used by many faster riders, on somedays more than others. Instead go check out the Collonade where they have several skinnies & plenty of great skill building stuff already in place,,,
just saying
Good Luck!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
There is no understanding with the city, there has never been any permission givin to build there, at 1st the guy that used to ran the xc races tried to put his own rules on the park, along with the no wood there was a no gap rule.

I saw that "skinny" and figured it was a nice addition, it did not get in the way of any current lines and provided another option. As far as the work goes why dont you go back reinforse it yourself?

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
yeah should be a fun addn as long as its really solid & i don't think Wick or anyone will freak out at all. anyway, I'll check it out, probably be easy enuf to beef it up some.
RIDE On

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Hmmm, I understand its for your son & only temporary, for learning - however, I think there is an unwritten rule there (possible agreement & understanding w/ the City), about "No wood structures in the Flowpark"... plus that middle line is used by many faster riders, on somedays more than others. Instead go check out the Collonade where they have several skinnies & plenty of great skill building stuff already in place,,,
just saying
Good Luck!

yeah should be a fun addn as long as its really solid & i don't think Wick or anyone will freak out at all. anyway, I'll check it out, probably be easy enuf to beef it up some.
RIDE On
are you Bi-Polar?

read your first post and then your second :crazy:

go check out colonnade to, it'll be a good addition

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Check out the last 4 or 5 trail closures posted on RM ALL DUE TO WOODEN STRUCTURES, then go tear it down ASAP!

Wood=Liabiliy=Sue!

Thank You

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i dont know if anybody has actually seen this "skinny" but its not a big deal. it is more of a down ramp next to the 2 ft drop/roll in the middle. the thing is about 3 feet long and made out of a 2x6 and actually looks fairly well secured. granted i dont plan on riding it but seeing as how there are enough people who actually manage to fall on that feature (not sure how) i think it is a good addition. seriously though, listen to yourselves, yall have a serious case of rectal-cranial inversion.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
i dont know if anybody has actually seen this "skinny" but its not a big deal. it is more of a down ramp next to the 2 ft drop/roll in the middle. the thing is about 3 feet long and made out of a 2x6 and actually looks fairly well secured. granted i dont plan on riding it but seeing as how there are enough people who actually manage to fall on that feature (not sure how) i think it is a good addition. seriously though, listen to yourselves, yall have a serious case of rectal-cranial inversion.

You are missing the point, logic doesn't matter when it comes to lawyers so it doesn't matter how safe or benign the feature is. Wooden features built without land owners permission get trails shut down.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
If cutting thru a fence and leaving a substantial crater (amongst the prior endeavors) doesn't get the place shut down, I'd be shocked if a 2.5ft long 2x6 were to be the death-blow. If anything, it will likely prevent somebody that doesn't expect a 2ft drop from going OTB. It sounds like your son just needs to go a little faster and give'r.

I agree with the "take him to Collonade" statement. There's no better place to work on the skills near Seattle than there - there's enough there to keep somebody w/ ADD occupied for quite some time!

Since nobody else has yet, I shall give you props for starting him young!!!:)

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
if you would add on to the park the beginner line where the hip is and it goes into the sticker bushes i would go from there on so we keep the flow going