Quantcast

..seatpost clamp

Aug 23, 2011
Yeah so this is kinda silly..Building up a new frame (Cove Shocker). Seatpost collar is 34.9. Then I went on www.ebay.com and bought a Thomson seatpost collar, size is 34.9. BUT IT DONT FIT!. I can still rotate my seat around when the clamp is all done up. Any options for a fixin..

Aug 23, 2011
Yeah, I know I could get another one but I am trying to avoid that. Is there like a way I can shim this ish or something? Dont see why Thomson would label a 34.9 seatpost clamp 34.9 when it does not fit.

Aug 23, 2011
Chain, yeah that's what I assumed but not the case here. Even when I tighten it down enough to make contact (which I should not be doing) I can still spin the seat, granted it takes a little more effort.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just so you know, you're probably going to get banned because of that name. Just an fyi.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I cleaned up the thread. I'm going to start banning assholes who attack newbies for no good reason. IH8Rice has a 24 hour vacation as a warning.

I don't really see a reason to ban a user because their username is a popular website. If you get some crap for it and decide you want something different, just PM me.

In regards to the question, is the clamp excessively loose on the seat tube when it's untightened? Or does the seatpost have any wiggle room when you insert it in the seat tube? Sounds like something has some poor tolerances.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
IH8RICE is mad!
IH8RICE spreads enough negativity and unpleasantness that he should consider it good fortune that he only got a 24 hour ban. My email address is the same as my username @ ridemonkey.com if he wants to talk about it.

Aug 23, 2011
Yep it is a 30.0 I-Beam post. At this point I guess I might as well look for something else. Might be worth getting in contact with Thomson about?

Aug 23, 2011
Yep the post was a little bit under, should I assume that the other I-Beam post I have on its way over will have the same problems?