Quantcast

Seatpost suggestions with a lot of angle adjustability

Oct 21, 2009
The back ass of no where
have you tried to turn the seat post backwards?
you would get the angle you require then

sure it would bring the seat forward and it's not designed to be used this way but it might just help until you find something else.

Last edited:

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
If you need tons of adjustability I can really recommend you using the SDG saddles and posts with their I-beam system. Will not function with your railed saddle however.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
If you are willing to shop from outside the states, chainreaction has a sweet deal on SDG post/saddle combos, check it out.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
If you are willing to shop from outside the states, chainreaction has a sweet deal on SDG post/saddle combos, check it out.
80 plus about 17 for shipping, I got one from them recently in one week.

They even take paypal which makes it even better if your cc company screws around on exchange rates.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
I need to ask why you require the nose to be extra low? If it's a comfort issue maybe you need a different saddle rather than a low saddle nose.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Is your thomson post really old? Or in backward??

As of about 6 years ago, all thomson posts have a 12* (nose down) angle built into the head. The adjustments will go all the way to 30* nose down from the post angle.

Your double has a seat post tube angle of 73-74*. The thomson will allow you to angle your seat (rails) down almost 15*.

The only time I have seen a thomson have an issue was on something like the old M1 with a SUPER slack seap post tube (you could get your seat rails horzontal with as much as a 60* seat post tube.....

A good percentage of seats actually have built in seat down slope as well (when compared to the rails). Look at any low profile seat, and the rails will point upward slightly with the seating surface horizontal...giving you another 10* or so of nose down adjustment.

Is this an issue of a weird seat? Super bent rails? Something does not make sense here.

Last edited: