Quantcast

secret colon massage ride....

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
A bunch of awful shots from this weekends ride I couldn't keep the point and shoot from fogging up in the humidity…I could tell you the location but I'd have to kill you….
Honestly these were the best trails I have ridden on this side of he country, dark technical loamy pine forests with hanging fog, flowy single-track and great descents. I can't wait to go back.
Oh and it was my first ride on the brand new industry nine wheels wahooooo notice the red bling.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
slightly OT but I remember a few months back you were running Kenda SB8s and seemed pretty happy with them? Still feel that way? Any issues with the thin sidewalls.

Nice pics, looks like most of trails around this area.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
slightly OT but I remember a few months back you were running Kenda SB8s and seemed pretty happy with them? Still feel that way? Any issues with the thin sidewalls.

Nice pics, looks like most of trails around this area.
The SB8's are honestly the best rear tire i have ever ridden the only thing they have given me trouble on is wet roots and not much can help you there. They work GREAT on rocks because you have so much surface area of the tire in contact with the rocks. They even work good in mud.

I run the 2.3 on the rear because they are so light and i think that is the way to go. I ride aggressive xc and downhill and really push the tire to it's cornering limits alot of the time, you need to be aware of what you got back there and dont expect to jam the brakes and slow up instantly it just cant bite, lots of anticipation but if you ride it correctly the thing rocks.

oh not 1 flat yet.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
i don't like ride reports where the author chooses to keep the location on the dl. There's never a good reason for it.
Sorry...but there usually is. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to disclose if you were in the area and PM'd him, but from a post like that maybe you'd call the USFS?

Just sayin'...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
i don't like ride reports where the author chooses to keep the location on the dl. There's never a good reason for it.
It isn't really that the location is THAT secret... the ride is a "secret handshake ride" by invite only... we keep a good pace when riding with this group. Some of the trails we rode are on private land where the owners preffer the trails are not posted and announced because of the liability etc. If you are invited to ride here (as you Skooks would probably be) you would want to respect the wishes of the land owner.

as Blue said... there usually is a reason. M-Prjkt wasn't trying to be a d-bag, but was just posting up some picks of a place that is really shaping up after some years of neglect.

SS... One of Beks super hot friends keeps saying the same thing... I keep asking her if that is what "It" looks like as I look down... she laughes as I ask to see! :biggrin: no luck yet... but I haven't lost hope :thumb: :brows:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It isn't really that the location is THAT secret... the ride is a "secret handshake ride" by invite only... we keep a good pace when riding with this group. Some of the trails we rode are on private land where the owners preffer the trails are not posted and announced because of the liability etc.
Understood, i was going to say that would certainly be the exception...

i guess i stated that because of that guy Mr. Clean and he would brag about riding in all these public places but he wouldn't divulge where they were. Went around endlessly in PM conversations that went nowhere about the whole thing....

Anyways my post didn't belong in this thread, sorry for the hijack, i go bye bye now.....:hmm:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Understood, i was going to say that would certainly be the exception...

i guess i stated that because of that guy Mr. Clean and he would brag about riding in all these public places but he wouldn't divulge where they were. Went around endlessly in PM conversations that went nowhere about the whole thing....

Anyways my post didn't belong in this thread, sorry for the hijack, i go bye bye now.....:hmm:
got it... and agreed... that is kinda pointless. If you ever find yourself in our area (Pittsburgh area) we would gladly show you these trails Skooks!