Quantcast

Seen these fork lowers before?

J

J5ive

Babies.

Oh and I think you need the language pack for pics to work.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You didn't think RS, marz and fox all did thier own castings, did you?
Casting a part like a one piece fork lower is very difficult. Like a lot of other difficult processes, only a few companies have figured out how to do it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
can someone post the pics as attachments? i can't connect to that webserver. thx

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
buildyourown said:
Casting a part like a one piece fork lower is very difficult. Like a lot of other difficult processes, only a few companies have figured out how to do it.
Hooray for Manitou (I think)... :think:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
buildyourown said:
You didn't think RS, marz and fox all did thier own castings, did you?
Actually, Brian P. said that Marz does their own in-house castings. Manitou does their own in-house castings.

No idea about Fox, though.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
binary visions said:
Actually, Brian P. said that Marz does their own in-house castings. Manitou does their own in-house castings.

No idea about Fox, though.

That catalogue sure makes it look like they are all done by the same house.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
i'm pretty sure there were some taiwan-made low-end Marzo singlecrowns. Like the Z.5 and whatnot. Wouldn't surprise me if the low end stuff is still outsourced the same way.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Those look like mxr/exr lowers. Since RST actually assembles them, it makes sense that the castings are made in the same area.

J

J5ive

> Bob,
>
> I am sorry I can not release any information regarding this.
>
> Thank You
>
> Dustin Spencer
>
> FOX Racing Shox
> www.foxracingshox.com <http://www.foxracingshox.com/>

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Who said they were cheap? Just cause they are made by a Tainese casting house doesn't mean they're cheap.

I just got my Fox fork on Tuesday. Judging by all the nice machined parts versus the competitions cheap plastic parts, I think the fork is worth an extra $200-$300