Quantcast

Self-introduction. Josh from Santa Cruz.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys I thought I would introduce myself in an attempt to meet some of the local guys in/around Santa Cruz.

My name is Josh and I am 20. I used to ride BMX like 6 years ago. I ride a Santa Cruz heckler now and have been riding for a few months now. I try to go riding at least 5 days a week rain or shine so if any of you guys want to ride let me know.

Here are some pictures (yeah I know its nothing too impressive, but give me a few more months).

My other real passion is to do video stuff. So if any of you guys want some good video of you riding let me know so we can plan a day of filming. Right now I am primarily working on car videos. But here are some car videos and some of my older ones if you guys get the chance to check them out:

Click here for my Movies

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
welll if you look at now jim i dont know if you want to take responsibility for it. it pretty hagered... It wasnt that great in the beginning, and you(joey actully)put way too many sticks in the landing.

Edit: sorry i didnt meen to crap on your thread, and welcome

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
eric, it was you that made most of the landing, idiot. :nuts: and yea i helped some with the landing but you made most of it and joey had nothing to do with it. and yea the last time i hit it it looked like it needed to be worked on some (landing/run out)

josh, if you ever want to hook up some where and ride just PM me :thumb:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
HAHAHAHAHAHHA! What's up dude! This is Paul.

Josh, you wanna ride this weekend? I'll get Max Baker to give you a call. He just got his freakin car back today.

You know anymore parties we can go to? That last one was pretty sick.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah thanks for taking home at least 4 girls with you...jerk.

Anyways tell MAX to call me because i lost his cell number. You can call me too.

We are riding west ridge on sunday.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
How did you get a Corrado 16V in the states? I used to have a G60 yeeears ago. It was super clean white w/black leather, cam, chip, exhaust, wheels etc.

EDIT: after watching video I'm guessing it's a G60 with a GTi motor swap....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
What's up Josh.
Josh is super cool, but he drives a honda. with a 3.5" exhaust tip.
Hahahaha not even close...lol

My current ride. A Stage IV Corrado G60.

Hey, Josh. It's like I know you from somewhere. Do you drive a 16v Corrado by any chance?
Yeah, thats me! =] Who might you be?

How did you get a Corrado 16V in the states? I used to have a G60 yeeears ago. It was super clean white w/black leather, cam, chip, exhaust, wheels etc.

EDIT: after watching video I'm guessing it's a G60 with a GTi motor swap....
Nice! I actually did the swap myself. It used to be a G60 and then the charger blew up. After that I decided I would do something I had yet to see (2 years ago at least) and swap in a 2.0L 16v from a 91 Passat. The engine is totally built. Cams, 50mm intake manifold, header, full exhaust, high flow cat, 3.5 bar fpr, SNS stage 5 chip, etc...

Lets plan a ride for later this week. Paul maybe you can help me tune up my bike a bit, it could really use some help. Or anyone else that might be able to help, I'm still kind of new... Give me a call 831.252.8528.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Welcome. I'll be back in Santa Cruz for the weekend. If I see you on the trail I'll say hi, but I think I'll just be riding Demo all day everyday. And a ton of dirtjumping...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I hear it's supposed to rain off and on throughout the week/weekend but if we get a decent break i am down to ride most anytime drop me a PM or reply here in this thread....

Josh- Nice initiative on swapping out the G60 for something more common and reliable. I sold my Corrado before it got too old (70K) because I was afraid of the g-ladder failing and I didn't want to deal with it.

I recently swapped out a 3.0V6 for a '97 3.4V6 into an '89 4Runner. Then we installed/fabricated long-travel suspension front and rear. This truck is super fun to rally with.

And of course the money shot

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Josh...

I'm not going to be in town this weekend, so we'll have to hook up next week. I'll help you with whatever you need to have done to your Heckler...so long as the BB isn't a Truvativ. ;)

jmeperu

Monkey
Jan 20, 2005
Santa Cruz
Josh Mauer? if so then whats up! havent rode with you since the days of BMX. btw its jamie. still need to go on a mtb ride with you, im off saturday (5-7-o5) call me

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Paul, Next week sounds like it will work.

Jamie, I am game for a ride then. I could use some help on my bike - but besides that I am totally game.

markk

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
Santa Cruz
Where is that step up? Aptos some place right? If you ever feel like riding with the old folks I'm down to ride. UC mostly. :oink:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Totally man! I am always game to ride with new people!

Yeah that bigger jump is right near cabrillo and the other is in the marks.

Call my cell (831.252.8528) and let me know when/where you are riding next. Since I got laid off a couple weeks ago now, I have nothing but free time. =]