Quantcast

Sell dare to buy Canfield Bros. f1 a good idea?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
So im thinking of selling my Dare to pick up a canfield Bros F1. Does this switch make sense to anyone else or am I trading apples for apples. Dont get me wrong, I love the way my Dare rides when it's working, the only problem is those times seem few and far between. Honestly its been one headache after another. What to do, what to do

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
My thoughts exactly. Ive got DHS for a mechanic and he cant even keep the thing running which leads me to believe no one can.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The Amish said:
My thoughts exactly. Ive got DHS for a mechanic and he cant even keep the thing running which leads me to believe no one can.

Are you having frame troubles or what? Are you getting a whole new bike or just a new frame? Help us out here...

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
MDBullit said:
what's going wrong with the Dare?
every bolt is constantly loose no matter how many times i tighten them or how strong the lock tight I use. Cant keep the chainguide working right, chains always getting sucked up which inturn destroys derailuers and the hanger. Bottom brackets always fall out. The list goes on and on. In fairness I do beat the piss out of the bike 15-20ft drops huge Dj's and so on. It just doesnt seem to take the abuse

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Just a new frame with an avy I think. I love my other components ie, 888 hadley wheels, hope mini's, e13 chainguide

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
The Amish said:
every bolt is constantly loose no matter how many times i tighten them or how strong the lock tight I use. Cant keep the chainguide working right, chains always getting sucked up which inturn destroys derailuers and the hanger. Bottom brackets always fall out. The list goes on and on. In fairness I do beat the piss out of the bike 15-20ft drops huge Dj's and so on. It just doesnt seem to take the abuse
1)bolts loosening is strange, are you getting them at the right torque spec?
2)What kind of chainguide?(nevermind you answered that) It's probably just not being set up properly.
3)Bottom bracket falling out? Either it's not being installed properly or you threads are f'd

Just trying to give you some ideas. You may want to contact ellsworth about the bolts always loosening and the BB falling out.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
The Amish said:
Did I ride with you at platty last year? Or just drink and set off fireworks?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Lexx D said:
Did I ride with you at platty last year? Or just drink and set off fireworks?
I know we drank and blew **** up but my trips to platty are usualy hazy at best.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Zia Monkey said:
So wait, after admitting your Dare is broken your goign to sell it to someone.
I didnt say its broke, just that its not taking the abuse I'm dishing out. As a machinist I can testify to the fact that all my threads are good my BB isn't damaged or ovalized and the pivots and bearings are fine. Thats why I'm so frustrated. Theres nothing wrong and it still don't work right

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ya, buy a canfield :) . all the cool kids are running them, namely me and Ui*

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
if the dare is giving you that much trouble, go for a canfield, the sickest bike i have ridden, you wont regret it

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
OGRipper said:
:think:

Hmm, there will probably be nothing wrong with your new frame either, so good luck.
Hey, Ive been faithfuly going down with the ship for 2 summers now, but these problems came with the box. Could someone else get it working right? Probably. For me the experience has been soured.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
The Amish said:
Its that or a brooklyn
Oh get a brooklyn so we can be e-friends! lol there is a sweet 2005 Racelink frameset in the classifieds. Its brand new like and $1000 cheaper than new and you can have it now and not wait the customary 90 days.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121807&highlight=brooklyn

but if you dont join the cult-of-all-cults by buying a bmw, go for the F1.

Either way, always get ride of a bike that gives your grief.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
The F1 is for sure a sweet rig. The rearward arking rear wheel is like nothing else out there, it soaks up everything. The frame is bombproof, has great geo, and the company is rider owned, it doesnt get much better :thumb: And Toshi, am i not cool or something, asshole ;)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow that is a sweet pic.
i say BMW cause i've had one for 2 years now and its mint. just lots of diablo dust.
but your choice

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Yeah but I ride with you so everyone would say I'm weezing of your gig and what not. hahaha

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
nice "upgrades" jimmy.

who cares what the **** people think. go one what you know. sure that guys Fatty fat looked killer, but so what, i know people that own them. but no real first hand experiance. i say bmw all the way..

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
The front end is so glued to the ground on the bmw's. I dont know if I can get down with that.

Nice jump. dominion rules. We were raging them all weekend

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
rumor is you can pick the front end up and manual for ever on a canfield. This true?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
The Amish said:
The front end is so glued to the ground on the bmw's. I dont know if I can get down with that.

Nice jump. dominion rules. We were raging them all weekend
you right, the bmw (mine pictured left) , compared to say the M3 buddies on Right), is longer and overall not as tall. When i climb on my buddies m3, it feel like a SC Bullit. Yet the RL still has a good BB height and a fantastic standover height. It is rock solid and is completely silent when plowing rocks and it doesn't translate much road noise up thru the frame. The RL is low, long and perfect for gnar littered high speeds.