Quantcast

Sell me on a BOS fork?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Looking ahead to 2009 I am thinking I might want to replace my 888. Its been a great fork, but the new forks reliability and build is up to some debate.

Anyone ridden the BOS fork? Does it live up to the hype?

Sell me on it, I am just a devil with credit to spare these days.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
It has springs and moves up and down. Plus, it looks (and is!) more expensive then most the other forks on the market.

just telling you what I think you want to hear

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
its as simple as this if you buy it you will have the addoration of your peers and women will want to be with you. Its that good.

No way....only after a year or so even if you have the coin.
Everybody is already on the bandwagon yet nobody has more than a parking lot test on one or some 3nd hand pro rider told their cousins gilrlfriend it was tits.

Yeah its bling as hell but you gotta think about about parts and servive for such a new uber high end fork.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Hmm, guess its going to be a 40 for the fat man then.

Don't get me wrong, I love bike bling, but that **** needs to work as well. Functional bling is a good thing. Bling for bling's sake makes me thinking I need to start rapping and driving an Escalade on 26's...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Hmm, guess its going to be a 40 for the fat man then.

Don't get me wrong, I love bike bling, but that **** needs to work as well. Functional bling is a good thing. Bling for bling's sake makes me thinking I need to start rapping and driving an Escalade on 26's...
is there evidence to support that it wont work or be great.

oh and to bling, you need 28's or 30's.....26's are for haters

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
My recommendations:

1.) Hire a good financial advisor.
2.) Look at what kind of liquidity you have to work with.
3.) If going that route is a bust, have your advisor research fixed-rate mortages.
4.) Try to find a fixed rate mortage with an APR around 6%....

etc.,etc.,etc....

...I heard one guy used his house in the Hamptons as collateral and he STILL has 10 payments to make.

It's your cash man - whateva blows ya hair back, ya know?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Everybody is already on the bandwagon yet nobody has more than a parking lot test on one or some 3nd hand pro rider told their cousins gilrlfriend it was tits.

Yeah its bling as hell but you gotta think about about parts and servive for such a new uber high end fork.
Truth. Do they even have a US distributor yet?
Between that and a 40 the only advantage I can see right now is the penis guard on the BOS but only because we know nothing about them yet. I say wait it out. Besides the red and black wont match on your 303:busted:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

From the brief play I've had with a couple of BOS equipped bikes, I'm not convinced the fork offers anything exceptional. The shock however felt awesome, and now I want one except for the freakin price tag :greedy:

Sunday_MikeG

Chimp
Jul 1, 2008
In Europe it costs 1900&#8364;, around 2700$, its still a pre-series fork, you can buy it, but its not the final version of the fork they are going to mass produce.

They are working on reducing the weight, playing with the hydraulics and i'm not sure if they had some problems with oil leaks...

If you want one, wait untill they release the final version, and prepare 2700$.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If you get one can I be your friend? ;)
About the costs. Isn't the estimated dorado price around the same level?

Oct 14, 2007
look at it this way, the dorado the new 2009 one was weighed as 6.4...by my ultra precise very expensive scale...and retails at 3900$ CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xabu78

Chimp
Jul 7, 2008
I have a fox 40 with a bos kit , from 2008, everything is perfect and the price is 2100 usdollars or 1500 €

they give it to me the new bos idille and this fork was in the box in case of broken the idille.