Quantcast

Sell me your large size mini-DH, 6x6, or 7x7 - In Portland, can meet 1/2 to Seattle

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Well, since we don't have a PNW buy and sell anymore, I'll throw up a wanted to see what is out there. Not seeing what I like in the classifieds section, and I know that there are people that ::might:: sell their bikes if prompted, but aren't itching so bad that they post them for sale.

I'm looking for a large frame mini-DH. I'm riding a hardtail XC bike, a Transition Preston and a Giant DH now, but am looking to sell the two squishes and buy something in between. I really don't need both extremes.

I'm not sure what all fits this bill, but I'd like something that is active under braking, or could be made to be with a floater. Front end should be a Totem, Lyrik, 66, etc. I prefer air but am open to coil.

Let me know what you have and what you're looking to get for it. Pictures are certainly appreciated.

Thanks!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
To the guy that wrote me about the Coiler, your account doesn't allow PMs, so I can't write back. Anyway, no thanks - I need a large frame, or maybe a medium that runs big. Your frame is way to small.

Thanks.

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
medium big hit...6.8 or 8 inch...I thin kcould be a great light DH bike with a 66 on the front. as for size I am 6'1 and it fits nice

3Pin Rider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
PNW
I've got a medium Uzzi VPX that I've been considering parting with because it seems too big for me. I need a true medium. I've got both a DHX air and coil that go with it. PM me if interested. I'm in Seattle.

Oct 9, 2006
I have a large Specialized enduro expert....6inch front and rear with singletracks and a fox 36 on the front. Double in the front with 9 in the back. holzfeller stem and stylo cranks, juicy sevens. it has only been ridden twice, I bought it then broke four bones in my foot.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
I have a large Specialized enduro expert....6inch front and rear with singletracks and a fox 36 on the front. Double in the front with 9 in the back. holzfeller stem and stylo cranks, juicy sevens. it has only been ridden twice, I bought it then broke four bones in my foot.
Thanks, but in the Specialized line I'm really only interested in the SX Trail.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Thanks, but in the Specialized line I'm really only interested in the SX Trail.
Dude...have you even ridden both those bikes? The SX rides like a heavy freeride bike, although stable...still heavy. The enduro is the perfect medium, I've ridden XC and can keep up with some fast guys, and I've done my share of jumping with it and been very impressed. Holds up great, and in my opinion best "Do-it-all" bike. Plus, you can get an S-works at almost any shop for $2600 right now ($5500 MSRP) and they wont have that enduro design any longer, so step on it!

This is mine. At 33.5pounds before the deemax's which should lower it.

Oct 9, 2006
I call your bluff on the weight...mine has singletracks and a pretty light build other than that and it is dead on at 35lbs.
There is no way with a Deity bar what looks to be Holzfeller cranks and a big ass bash guard that it weighs 33.5 lbs.

Still a sweet ride however..and I look forward to a long summer on mine.