Quantcast

Selling a fork without the axle??? Wtf

DieselX

Monkey
May 26, 2004
New York City
Why do some people sell a downhill fork without the thru-axle? I've seen this many times and one time actually dealt with it. Someone sells a fork and does not include the 20mm axle, then I see it in their other pictures still on a wheel. wtf? Or others mention in the ads that they ARE including the axle, like it's a plus. It's supposed to come with the freakin axle!

Maybe I'm just freaking out, but have you ever bought a fork and then had to go buy an axle for $20+ because the seller thinks it should stay with the wheel??? I did! Ugh

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well the axles are specific to the forks....not the wheels.... But yes i have seen it Alot. Mostly on Boxxers, Once with a Marz, Prolly ten or fifteen axles i ordered for peole though. But yes they should be sending the axle with

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
i was once guilty of keeping an axle, but i was young and had no idea they were different, ok so it was like 4 years ago, but still.

I still think about how stupid it is, and yes if i was that other person i would have been really pissed!

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
Happened to me once this year. Bought a frame with a dedicated 12mm axle of the type where it screws into the frame and figured the guy would include it. Nope. Some peoples' children eh?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
toothless said:
Happened to me once this year. Bought a frame with a dedicated 12mm axle of the type where it screws into the frame and figured the guy would include it. Nope. Some peoples' children eh?

Frames are a wee bit different than forks..... The Axles are not necessarily Exactig per frame like a fork axle is. Mind if i ask what frame???

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i had a guy send me a super t with no axle. called him up and politiely informed him that they go with the fork. he sent it out for free.

i think some people just dont know better. they arent bike nerds like us, they just like to ride.

J

JRB

I got an axle with my performance wheels and I got one with my Z150. I am sure some people keep them when they sell stuff.

DieselX - you should stop buying things. :think:

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
I would be very angry. I always double check that they are going to include it now. If they say no, I talk them into it anyways and make them realize that they are stupid, and have no use for that specific axle once the fork is gone...