Quantcast

Session 77?

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
I found a pretty sweet deal on an '05 Trek Session 77 complete for about $1k.

Specs:

Fork: Manitou Sherman Breakout, 7 inches
Frame: 2005 19 inch Trek Session 77 with Manitou Swinger 4 Way rear shock
Bar: Big Earl DH, 31.8 clamp
Stem: Big Earl DH 1.5
Brakes: Hayes HFX 9, 8 inch rotors
Shifters: SRAM X-9
Headset: Cane Creek DH, 1.5
Hubs: front - DMR Revolver 32 hole, 20 mm, rear - DMR Revolver 32 hole, 10 mm
Rims: WTB Laserdisc Freeride
Spoke: DT Swiss
Cranks: Shimano Saint one piece
Chainrings: Shimano 22/32/bashgaurd
Front Der.: Shimano XT
Rear Der.: SRAM SX-5
Cassette: SRAM 9 speed, 11-34
Chain: SRAM PC 951
Seatpost: Big Earl DH
Saddle: Big Earl DH
Tires: Nokian Gazzalodi DH, 26 x 2.6 inch.
Pedals: Welgo platform

I'm pretty new to the game... any opinions on this bike? Seems to get good reviews on MTB... but not sure how far that goes.

I'm getting into freeriding and want to add a full susp to my bike collection.

It's a 19" and i am about 6'3", 210. Is it a decent setup for me?

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
You will like it. I love mine, it's one of the most underrated bikes out there, in my opinion. The 19" model is pretty big, I am 6' and ride a small, but you should be pretty comfy on the large.

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
You will like it. I love mine, it's one of the most underrated bikes out there, in my opinion. The 19" model is pretty big, I am 6' and ride a small, but you should be pretty comfy on the large.
bigger is fine with me as i would do an occaisional XC ride with it.

Anyone else with opinions? Is that a good deal? The guy/kid who owns it is a bike techie and says it has been well maintained.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
The only experience I have with one is from a guy I ride with. He snapped it on the seat tube right above the weld close to the bb and that isnt the only case of that I have heard about. But trek was good and he got a new frame with little to no trouble I think.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Yes, it's a good deal. I've seen closeouts sell brand new at shops for a little less than $2K, full retail is more like $3K. I see used ones sell on ebay for $1K-$1500. I saw a mint condition 15" with saints go for 1200 yesterday.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
i have been on mine for over a year with no problems. i love the bike. it pedals good, suspension is bottomless. upgraded my fork to a travis 180 about 5 months ago. can't wrong with that deal either. i was lucky and got mine 1500.00 and that was only cause some scratches right of the box, but who cares i only going scratch it up anyways. get it, you'll love it.

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
i have been on mine for over a year with no problems. i love the bike. it pedals good, suspension is bottomless. upgraded my fork to a travis 180 about 5 months ago. can't wrong with that deal either. i was lucky and got mine 1500.00 and that was only cause some scratches right of the box, but who cares i only going scratch it up anyways. get it, you'll love it.
Boston area, MA

I'm picking it up Monday!

Now i gotta buy some gear!

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
check pricepoint.com that is where i get most of my stuff lately. i know i know we should be supporting are LBS but you can't beat there closeout stuff. plus i don't really have a good LBS to deal with. sucks for me.

Starvin

Chimp
Aug 8, 2007
Roads & Islands
bought it yesterday. Haven't gotten it in the woods yet, but i slammed it around in the city and the thing is quite the dirt bike.

got to get some gear on order so i can get out on the hill.

thanks for the input.