Quantcast

Set up for 2009 888 WC

azrider44

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
Guys I was wondering if you had any basic setup instrunctions for the 2008/09 888 WC . I think they are the same. Witch knob controls the fork dive? and and other basic stuff to get it going would be great. thanks I weigh 220lbs and it came with the heavy Ti springs also.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No real help, but how do you tell which spring it has? I just picked up a new 2008 888 WC. I'd imagine the compression adjustment+preload would tune out dive, a stiffer fork won't dive as much, but there's no fork except for a few linkage designs that will give you ultra-plush travel with no dive.

azrider44

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
when I ordered it from the factory , they gave me a part number for the one with the stiff spring, it also had a H sticker on the lower crown if that means anything. I would look at your part number call Zocchi and see what they have to say,.

Just got the fork, its pretty nice looking gun metal grey, just want to know a basic setup guide, I have always used the botttom knob for my fork dive, with no more than 3 clicks, does this sound right????

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Well, I have a 66 rc3, the damper is pretty similar but the fork is a bit more progressive. When I tried to use the bottom compression knob to control the compression, all I got was stiction, so I gave marz a call. Apparently, thats the way its supposed to feel :think: according to all the tech's I've talked to, they universally say "don't use any compression if you're a downhiller"

I'm not exactly sure when you would want to use their compression adjuster by that logic, but he suggested oil weights, and using the air adjust under the rebound cap. It worked pretty well for my fork, but I'm not exactly sure how it'd work for the 888 since I guess it just has a 4 position knob that doesn't do much from what I've heard. It's one of the things thats keeping me from picking one up right now.

Sorry if that didn't help much, or discouraged you, hopefully you figure something out

azrider44

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
thats similiar to what I have done in the past , is dialed in everything uptop, and then used 2 or 3 clicks of the bottom knob for brake dive. sound right to anyone???