Quantcast

set up q for mono v10

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
hi, i have been running an 8" fork on my v10 ever since i got it and was thinking about putting a 7" fork on, before i take the time and becuase i know that there are some monkeys that have the mono with 7" forks and i was wondering what their thoughts were about fork choice and the benifits of a 7vs8" fork, thanks! if it matters the frame is a large

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Morgan said:
hi, i have been running an 8" fork on my v10 ever since i got it and was thinking about putting a 7" fork on, before i take the time and becuase i know that there are some monkeys that have the mono with 7" forks and i was wondering what their thoughts were about fork choice and the benifits of a 7vs8" fork, thanks! if it matters the frame is a large
For reference, I measured the head tube angle on my teamates 2005 V10 Large with a Boxxer at 66 degrees. The fork had 7" of stantion below the crown. Therefore, you could rake it out to around 65 degrees with a 7" travel fork if you had a drop crown with no spacers under it. Just guessing, the 8" 888 with the stock crown would probably put the head angle right around 64.5 - 65 degrees.

After riding this bike last weekend, I have to say it rails corners due to the lower CG and bottom bracket. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to ride it on a full DH run. I probably could have after the race, but I would have hated to screw up someone's trick 2005 bike on the maiden trip.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
I think the new V-10 is designed for 8". Even the new Boxxer that Rennie is running is @ 8". I have to run my 7" boxxer almost all the way up to get it to feel right. Yes I have a V-10 MONO!!!

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
hmm ok, then it doesnt sound as though its worth the time to try a 7inch fork, it feels good with the 8" but i was bored and got to thinking, always bad when that happens, thanks guys

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Morgan said:
hmm ok, then it doesnt sound as though its worth the time to try a 7inch fork, it feels good with the 8" but i was bored and got to thinking, always bad when that happens, thanks guys
Yes, run an 8" fork. If you don't like your bike, PM me and I'll buy it :devil:

dirtyrig

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
westchester, NY
Has anyone ridden the new V10 yet? I'm torn between the new V10 or the Iron Horse sunday.

I've heard the new V10 does not require as much sag, the weel base is shorter and bottom braket lower than the original v10, hence it should have a more active feel when riding it.. Has anyone rode one to confirm this?

Any reviews on how the new v10 rides?

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
yes, ive had mine for a few months now and have logged some solid hours on it, its the best dh big i have ever owned, nothing but good thoughts, cant say anything about the sunday but if you get the v10 you wont be let down