Quantcast

>^< Set your dray >^<

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
LOL if matching cages makes me a true roadie, then colour me bad.

I'm getting into road riding a lot these days as the trails out here SUCK and time is precious. If I had 6 hours to spend riding, I'd have no problem driving an hour to a good place to ride, getting 2 hours in, then shooting the shit and driving home...but that's not the case. I get to leave my home and ride some fantastic roads with relatively courteous drivers and can do anywhere from 15-50 miles with total ease. This build turned from a "well I'd really like a new drivetrain" into "but yeah then I'd need new wheels, and if I need new wheels I need a new frame, and if I need a new frame then I'll need new brakes, and..." so I ended up with a 3T strada :rolleyes:
Does that gearing cover everything? I only replaced the frame on the Gravel/Road setup, I will refer to Gear Calculator now and again for trying to find range that will get up Mt. Washington Hill Climb.

20200213_093011 (3).jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Le truck. Should be fun helping her park it in the garage at the condo later. Parking it in this open parking garage at the hospital was stressful enough...
Time for her to learn how to back into parking spaces. I had a CCLB Tacoma and its impractical to park headfirst a lot of the time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Does that gearing cover everything? I only replaced the frame on the Gravel/Road setup, I will refer to Gear Calculator now and again for trying to find range that will get up Mt. Washington Hill Climb.

View attachment 141492
right now, yes. I have a 10-33 12s cassette with a 44t ring that almost exactly matches the 10s 12-27 semi compact I had before. I imagine I'll have to swap my chainring for hillier roads, but what I measured is what I'm getting. I have a post in the road forum discussing the swap. I've only been out once, but I really enjoyed not having to think about shifting up front when I'm down to the second or third cog in the cassette. I can just bang out shifts going up or down keeping pretty good cadence the whole way.

Is your bike 11s? Looks like a capable setup

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
right now, yes. I have a 10-33 12s cassette with a 44t ring that almost exactly matches the 10s 12-27 semi compact I had before. I imagine I'll have to swap my chainring for hillier roads, but what I measured is what I'm getting. I have a post in the road forum discussing the swap. I've only been out once, but I really enjoyed not having to think about shifting up front when I'm down to the second or third cog in the cassette. I can just bang out shifts going up or down keeping pretty good cadence the whole way.

Is your bike 11s? Looks like a capable setup
It is X-Sync 11 up front w/ 4 other chainring, chains. Would still consider 12 speed 1x if something that would have enough range. Right now for a hill climb I'd have to mount the spare 11 speed XTR cassette for my Iron Horse 6Point.
Have 475 miles in the saddle since Feb. 10th. Steering is 3° under a true road bike but - I don't know what road bike is or feels like; it feels very nimble but forgiving - I'm weighing in around 190-195# in gear. Last three rides have been 60-, 40-, 50 miles back to back and no issues with comfort.

Was building this in January and had a routine physical - was fine going in and was fine heading out. Suddenly got so sick just 2 days after, this within days of the Donald Trump's Bible Study pop-quiz version aka Covid-19.