Quantcast

Sexy 951 pics.(Put something over your keyboard)

SCARY

Not long enough
Well ,I finally finished the vanity transformation of my new bike.I'm pretty happy with the results.The only one Intense had at the time was white,I'm normally a race red kinda guy,so I had to F1 it up a bit.
The stock decals are stupid thin(ghey)and flat in sheen(ghey-er).So I had a guy re-do them with more red ,thick,and glossy(the way it should always be)
He also had the boxxer layout too,so we redid that with red ,also.And made the left side of the fork and the down tube a "KORE BIKE" decal ,my local sponsor.
Then I powdercoated all the links and stuff I could pull off the bike(stupidly forgot the stem)
Hope you like it ...,but if you don't,you probably have a raw or black bike with only black components,so you look all hard.If so,your opinion is wrong, and I dont care.

Attachments

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I think it's sweet. Maybe the red bashguard puts it a little over the top, but it's your bike.

After riding the piss out of my white 951 for a month, it's convinced me to never get another white bike...

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
at least you dont get alu rust from raw frames...
I actually also have a raw Slopestyle 1. If you actually ride your bike, the finish stays clean and looks great. When I ordered the 951, all they had was white and I'd been waiting for an Evil Revolt for months... Seriously, raw's my favorite. ;)

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
nice bike, the only thing I don't like are the white "edges" on the "xer" on the boxxer. It should have been full red, have it stick out a bit more, other than that, bike looks pimp!

SCARY

Not long enough
nice bike, the only thing I don't like are the white "edges" on the "xer" on the boxxer. It should have been full red, have it stick out a bit more, other than that, bike looks pimp!
you are dead on on that one.That is what I wanted,but after a thousand emails back and forth,and I'm a picky s o b,I was just happy we got it that close.But ,you got it.if were better on the computer,I coulda conveyed it better.

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
I actually also have a raw Slopestyle 1. If you actually ride your bike, the finish stays clean and looks great. When I ordered the 951, all they had was white and I'd been waiting for an Evil Revolt for months... Seriously, raw's my favorite. ;)
i ride every weekend...but then the weather is very humid...
if i want it to look shiny i have to wax it but i cant really be f00ked...

since it rusts anyways i dont really mind leaving dirt on the frame

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Hmmm, not sure why if you were getting decals made why you'd not get something more individual than the manufacturers logo(unless you're sponsored). And did you add weight by getting annoed bits powder coated?
Don't get me wrong, bike looks rad.

Last edited:

SCARY

Not long enough
Hmmm, not sure why if you were getting decals made why you'd not get something more individual than the manufacturers logo(unless you're sponsored). And did you add weight by getting annoed bits powder coated?
Don't get me wrong, bike looks rad.
Did ya see the Kore Bike. On the down tube and the fork leg?pretty dure I mentioned those.I'm not one of those guys that buys a great bike but dosen't want the manufacturer to have there own decals on it.I have more fun tweaking existing,known designs.
-I did contemplate using our (480) area code instead of 951,but 480 isn't exactly a "cool" set of digits.(623) sounds cool,but I'm scared to even drive in that part of town.
-I added weight by switching from the 224 to the 951.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Did ya see the Kore Bike. On the down tube and the fork leg?pretty dure I mentioned those.I'm not one of those guys that buys a great bike but dosen't want the manufacturer to have there own decals on it.I have more fun tweaking existing,known designs.
-I did contemplate using our (480) area code instead of 951,but 480 isn't exactly a "cool" set of digits.(623) sounds cool,but I'm scared to even drive in that part of town.
-I added weight by switching from the 224 to the 951.
Yeah I saw you were Kore sponsored, wasn't sure about Intense. Like I said, it looks cool, and your representing a cool brand, not like it's one of the big Taiwan brands.
Is the 951 much better/different to the 224?
Good job, don't let my comments take from that, still reeks indivdiuality.

SCARY

Not long enough
Yeah I saw you were Kore sponsored, wasn't sure about Intense. Like I said, it looks cool, and your representing a cool brand, not like it's one of the big Taiwan brands.
Is the 951 much better/different to the 224?
Good job, don't let my comments take from that, still reeks indivdiuality.
Aside from they both are very lively and return energy back to you , they're very different.I made a review here a couple weeks ago,you can check that out for more in depth opinion.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Speaking of repping factory logos, reminds me of a true story from Mt. Snow Nationals.

Tom White of White Brothers fame took it upon himself to attend (and I think race) with his tech support team. He was working on EVERYBODY'S forks that weekend b/c so many people bought their forks at that point in time.

Teen punk rolls up with one and busts out a "Can you fix me fork?...blah,blah, blah:"

White looks"That's not one of my forks. Where did you get that?"
"Yeah it is"
"Nope."
"Seriously, it's a White Brothers fork"
"It doesn't say it, so I'm not touching it"
"So what do I do?"
"Here's some stickers...come back in 30 minutes.":rofl:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Damn... I didn't believe you about the keyboard thing. Now my spacebar won't pop back up...

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
Speaking of repping factory logos, reminds me of a true story from Mt. Snow Nationals.

Tom White of White Brothers fame took it upon himself to attend (and I think race) with his tech support team. He was working on EVERYBODY'S forks that weekend b/c so many people bought their forks at that point in time.

Teen punk rolls up with one and busts out a "Can you fix me fork?...blah,blah, blah:"

White looks"That's not one of my forks. Where did you get that?"
"Yeah it is"
"Nope."
"Seriously, it's a White Brothers fork"
"It doesn't say it, so I'm not touching it"
"So what do I do?"
"Here's some stickers...come back in 30 minutes.":rofl:
this story is awesome

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The only similarity is the powder coated links.My were at powder coat when this came up.All his stuff is off the shelf.At least I got to tweak and design some stuff.
so if this came up while yours was in PC, then you copied him? :D
what did you design besides the stickers?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The only similarity is the powder coated links.My were at powder coat when this came up.All his stuff is off the shelf.At least I got to tweak and design some stuff.
No disrespect,cuz it's a great looking bike .
chill, im not hating on it, i just posted because it looked the same