Quantcast

SGS & DHX

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I'm looking to put a new Fox DHX on my 2004 SGS team.
Can anyone help a brutha out with the specs?
I searched and couldn't find anything.
I think it's 8.75 X 2.75?
I don't have any idea about the hardware specs.

Thanks in advance!

ride said:

Thanks in advance!
You have the correct dimensions - 8.75 x 2.75. I can't say anything about the fit, but I think if the 5th works on there, the DHX should as well. If you're ordering this aftermarket, I'm pretty sure Fox will put on the correct eyelets, etc., if you specify the frame its going on.

The DHX for my 5 Spot came ready to bolt on.

-J

**EDIT** I got the shock dim's from http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/application.html

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
thanks JC!

I spoke with the guy at Fox and he was like I dunno, it must take the same size at the expert. Thats the only one I show.?

Aug 11, 2003
Let us know what answer you finally come up with with respects to the Fox shock hardware. I am thinking about getting an old RC pushed and using it on my SGS.

Simon

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I believe the 5th and the DHX have the same size bushing. I know the DHX is 1/2". I measured it this morning.
If I were you, I would steal the hardware off of the 5th. The alum top hat spacers that fox and romic use have a tendancy to get sloppy. The steel axle with alum spacers that avy and 5e use are much better. I made myself some Ti ones for my DHX this morning.

buildyourown said:
I believe the 5th and the DHX have the same size bushing. I know the DHX is 1/2". I measured it this morning.
If I were you, I would steal the hardware off of the 5th. The alum top hat spacers that fox and romic use have a tendancy to get sloppy. The steel axle with alum spacers that avy and 5e use are much better. I made myself some Ti ones for my DHX this morning.
Must be nice... Braggart! :D

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
ChainWhip said:
Must be nice... Braggart! :D

Those alum spacers are the reason why every thinks that Turners go thru bushings so fast. It has nothing to do with the bike. Instead of waiting until my bike developed play, I decided to nip it in the bud before I even assembled the bike.

And yeah, working at a very well equiped machine shop has its perks.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
buildyourown said:
Those alum spacers are the reason why every thinks that Turners go thru bushings so fast. It has nothing to do with the bike. Instead of waiting until my bike developed play, I decided to nip it in the bud before I even assembled the bike.

And yeah, working at a very well equiped machine shop has its perks.

Trade for some Ti bolts? We have tons of Ti bolts here. Peter found most everything for his DHR last year, aside from the main pivot bolt.

Also, i found on the romic the spacers in the shock were hand press at best. After a few rides the things could go in and out without any trouble. Romic was supposedly making polished steel ones. I hope theDHX has better tolerances. In its end mounts and body spacers....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
ride said:

Thanks in advance!
Yep, it works great. You can use the axle and adaptors from the 5th element.

HUGE improvement IMO.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I appreciate the responses.

My particular bike came with a Swinger and the bushing size is different.

I told him to send it with the 03 hardware.

I hope that works.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
ride said:
I appreciate the responses.

My particular bike came with a Swinger and the bushing size is different.

I told him to send it with the 03 hardware.

I hope that works.
Yeah, those swingers are a train wreck because of the wierd bushing size.

You just need the shock axle sent for the 5th element. Everything on the 5th will work with the fox DHX.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
oly said:
Trade for some Ti bolts? We have tons of Ti bolts here. Peter found most everything for his DHR last year, aside from the main pivot bolt.

Also, i found on the romic the spacers in the shock were hand press at best. After a few rides the things could go in and out without any trouble. Romic was supposedly making polished steel ones. I hope theDHX has better tolerances. In its end mounts and body spacers....

I made 2 sets. I will make more once I know these work. You can buy me a shot.