Quantcast

SGS sizing help

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Hey,
I'm about to purchase an '04 Iron Horse SGS pro DH. I'm not sure of the frame size I should get. I'm 6'2, weigh 160 lbs. and will be racing on the east coast, i.e. Snowshoe, Plattekill, Windrock, etc. I am thinking about the medium frame for a bit more manuverability in the rocky, tech sections. Any help is appreciated, thanks! :thumb:

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
heikkihall said:
Im 6'2 and ride a Medium. Those bikes ride really big so unless you like huge bikes then go for the medium.
Same here, and a mate of mine is 6'4" and rides a medium. The *actual* top tube is very short, but when you're standing they're fine. Personally I would have preferred a large (because I like longer top tubes), but I really have no complaints about the size of the medium.

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
I am 6'6". I am guessing that a large is my only option, I cant try either frame so an opinion confirming my choice would be confidence inspiring

RITFreeRider

Monkey
Sep 10, 2003
In a Boulderado state of mind
I'm 6'5" and ride a large and it feels perfect. So I think the med is def for you.

Lumpy, I think you'll find the large frame big enough, maybe a little cramped in the cockpit but when out of the saddle it's not noticable

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
My friend that is about 6' 1" or 6' 2" ish rides a large and loves it. I'm 5' 10" and it feels huuuuuge.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
Yo, i have a 2003 medium, and im 6'1" and like 190 lbs. teh 2003 and 2004 are pretty much the same, and my medium is sick, its a really nice bike the meium is really managale, more so than the large, its alaso easier to get up in the air

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
6'1 145 lbs im on a medium 03 team dh. the thing fits like a glove. go with the medium and you will have no probs. or you can always talk to you lbs and they can size you just by lookin at you. thats what i did or else i would have gotten a small (not a good move to have a small ass or big ass dh bike.) i say go with the medium you will be fine. it should fit like a glove lol just like mine.