Quantcast

Shaken not stirred Monday GMT

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Quake hit my place just after midnight.
Hardest longest quake I've felt.
Lost power for 3 hours, 70L homebrew fermenter fell over and 2 glasses broken so I got off pretty light.
Looks like the whole country got off light with only 2 dead at this stage.

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!!!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a friend who lives in northern california doesn't worry about anything under 6....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
glad you're alright @DaveW !

so this is Monday? I feel like Sunday was just in my grasp and slipped away.
Toshi dropped off two LB dh rims for me. Stupid light. Gotta source spokes and brass nips and I'll have something to do one evening this week.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
a friend who lives in northern california doesn't worry about anything under 6....
To be honest the 7.8 some 200km away shook my house more than the 6 point something that hit 30km away last year or the 6.4 the year before that.

Gus to his credit gave not much of a shit.
looked around puzzled at all the stuff moving then when it finished gave a huff noise and commenced to lick his groin.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

To be honest the 7.8 some 200km away shook my hose more than the 6 point something that hit 30km away last year or the 6.4 the year before that.

looked around puzzled at all the stuff moving then when it finished gave a huff noise and commenced to lick his groin.
i'm a pussy...it would freak me out.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
To be honest the 7.8 some 200km away shook my house more than the 6 point something that hit 30km away last year or the 6.4 the year before that.

Having been through several and having brought in seismologists to give some talks, it's not entirely the magnitude, although that's important, depth is a big part of it. A a shallow 6 can F your world up way more than a deep 7.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Having been through several and having brought in seismologists to give some talks, it's not entirely the magnitude, although that's important, depth is a big part of it. A a shallow 6 can F your world up way more than a deep 7.
parents were in alaska for this one....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is this thing still on? Chilly morning here, train is late, meetings start early, the usual drill. Not sure if riding is on schedule tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome fast ride yesterday.

I just informed my boss and workplace that I am not coming in to work today. I shall be going riding.