Quantcast

*shakes head*

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
OK, so every relationship has it's quirks, right? My marriage (which should hopefully end legally and officially in October) had more than it's share. Here is the latest...

Oh... Without knowing the history and all the details surrounding my marriage and pending divorce, I'm not sure if this will mean much to you... but it makes me shake my head and chuckle. If I needed any reassurance that I made the right decision, it would probably help there, too.

So, on with the story...
I get statements from my health insurance company showing what they cover any time anyone in my family goes to the doctor. Not a big deal, just a normal statement. So I get a statement last week. It seems my wife paid a visit to the fertility clinic last month. Unfortunately the statement just says "laboratory services", so I have no idea what she had done... though I'm not sure I'd to know.

*shakes head*

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Um...I'd be pissed.

Maybe she was getting her sperm count checked out. That's what mine said when I went in for that. Probably my most embarrassing Dr type visit to date.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Maybe she is getting her reproductive organs checked out so she knows her market value

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well you are getting divorced right?

Funny that she's checking out her fertility but I mean you couldn't really expect her not to get some action at some point.

How long have you guys been apart? 1-1/2?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just had about six really distasteful jokes come to mind, so I think I'm going to just back quietly out of the thread...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think the girl that I handed the cup to was even more embarrased :redface: so what did yours say ? ( and I had to do it twice :D )

Mine said No more swimmers ! :cheers:
WTF actually happens behind closed doors? Do they actually give you a mag or let you DL some stuff?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well you are getting divorced right?

Funny that she's checking out her fertility but I mean you couldn't really expect her not to get some action at some point.

How long have you guys been apart? 1-1/2?
Yea, I'm not mad, I just think it's funny. And by the looks of the statement, I'm betting she's pregnant. We've been apart for almost 2 years, she's been living with her boyfriend for about 1.5 years.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yea, I'm not mad, I just think it's funny. And by the looks of the statement, I'm betting she's pregnant. We've been apart for almost 2 years, she's been living with her boyfriend for about 1.5 years.
How are the kids doing? I think my sister-in-law is breaking up with her long time BF and father of her 2 kids. It's a tough thing on everybody.

How's your house?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Kids are fine, house is OK. Heating bills (propane) have gotten insane...
Yeah we're in the process of getting our wood boiler up and running. It's almost going to cost more to heat my house for 1 year than buy gas for a year for my xterra (if I'm just going back and forth to work).

Gas for one week for me = $80 x 52weeks (rough estimate) = $4160
one year of heating oil = 1500gal x $4.00/gal (someone quoted us $5.03/gal as well) = $6000
The oil is also for hot water in our house as well but still F'ing crazy, we have a small house too.

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I think the girl that I handed the cup to was even more embarrased :redface: so what did yours say ? ( and I had to do it twice :D )

Mine said No more swimmers ! :cheers:
Fortunately they had a special two way medicine cabinet built into the wall of the jack off room so I didn't have to hand deliver it to anyone. It was just the walk of shame being led to the room and back in front of all the female nurses by the super hot cougar office manager. Plus they had a stack of Playboys in the room and my first thought was "Only 11 year olds that have never seen a nekkid chick before get a boner from a Playboy..."

Mine said I was super virile.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So, on with the story...
I get statements from my health insurance company showing what they cover any time anyone in my family goes to the doctor. Not a big deal, just a normal statement. So I get a statement last week. It seems my wife paid a visit to the fertility clinic last month. Unfortunately the statement just says "laboratory services", so I have no idea what she had done... though I'm not sure I'd to know.

*shakes head*
Wow, that sucks. I know what COULD happen:

2 months after I moved out, my ex-wife (prior to divorce) went to the doc and said we wanted to have kids. Had some tests, was given some pills, and was sent on her way without me knowing anything.

A few months later, she calls me about her mom who was very sick and was dying. I came over, we talked, we drank, we had sex (because I'm an idiot).

A few weeks later, I serve her with the divorce proposal and she drops the bomb. I was floored. In the 3 years we were married, we had tried for 2 of those years and got nothing. She takes some pills and BAM!

SO AVOID HER LIKE THE PLAGUE!

A woman I thought would be out of my life is forever tied.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
actually after I had the Vasectomy , they gave me 2 Sample cups and said they would need a sample on the following dates , so The wife helped :D that morning and I dropped the sample cup off on the way to work .
Backwashed?

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Sorry to hear that. I'm going through some post-divorce mess as well. When we split, we equally divided the debts and we went our our way. Then she got fired from her full-time job and was barely making anything with her sales position. Come to find out she never took my name off one of the cards she was responsible for, and she continued to run it up, and I never knew about it until it showed up on my credit report. Thinking it was an error I call them up and they say: Nope, it was a joint card so you're still responsible for the $4,000 of debt on the card. She doesn't have the credit to get her own card and transfer the balance... sorry buddy.

But it seems she managed to get a new set of boobs without credit.

It's been a running list of excuses for the last two years. Now that her job has stabilized and she's got some credit, I gave her an ultimatum two weeks ago and things *seem* to be moving in a positive direction.

I'm just glad we don't have kids together.... Good luck, man.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think you should forget you ever saw it. Unless there is a financial cost for her fertility clinic beyond your health insurance coverage, the only reason why you would bring it up is some kind of dig at her.

I assume she is still on your plan because of your kids and/or you are a kind heart. You might want to drop her for your reasons, particularly when it comes to temptation to spy on her private medical matters.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Kids are fine, house is OK. Heating bills (propane) have gotten insane...
:stupid: Ours have doubled and we keep our house pretty cool in the winter. We're going to put in a wood stove.

As for your soon-to-be-ex head-scratching material for sure! Glad the kids are doing okay though. I haven't seen/heard from you in a while!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
And you're still paying for her health insurance because....????
Kind of out of good will until the divorce is final. She's paying part of a home equity loan on a house I'm living in, I'm paying for her health insurance...
Dont know about where you guys are at, But here in California, your required to keep Health Insurance for the kids till there 18, and the spouse for a year in most cases, unless they have there own from there employment.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
:stupid: Ours have doubled and we keep our house pretty cool in the winter. We're going to put in a wood stove.

As for your soon-to-be-ex head-scratching material for sure! Glad the kids are doing okay though. I haven't seen/heard from you in a while!
Yea, I keep the heat at 60 in the winter when the kids are with their mother, 68 when they are with me. I have a wood fireplace in the basement... need to use that more me thinks.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
actually after I had the Vasectomy , they gave me 2 Sample cups and said they would need a sample on the following dates , so The wife helped :D that morning and I dropped the sample cup off on the way to work .
I thought that is what the nurses were there for?