Quantcast

Shaun Palmer Wins 7th Annual Monster Energy MX Crossover

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Him winning that is the equivalent of Sam Hill racing a superD against pro skateboarders.....
meaning, Palm had no competition-hell, Victor Sheldon did not race and he is the only guy that is somewhat fast at those crossover races.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Him winning that is the equivalent of Sam Hill racing a superD against pro skateboarders.....
meaning, Palm had no competition-hell, Victor Sheldon did not race and he is the only guy that is somewhat fast at those crossover races.
Ha, yeah probably just a load of industry back scratching and ****?!? Palmer is still a horse though.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ

True, these crossover races are just an exhibition\promotional event, but there's usually one guy from another sport there that can kick some fairly serious a$$ on an MX bike.

If I remember correctly Sunny Garcia (pro surfer) has done a few of these & is pretty good on an MX bike as well.

P.S.

Stiks, do you post on motodrive?

There is (or was) a stiksandstones over there & I was wondering if you're the same guy.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
True, these crossover races are just an exhibition\promotional event, but there's usually one guy from another sport there that can kick some fairly serious a$$ on an MX bike.

If I remember correctly Sunny Garcia (pro surfer) has done a few of these & is pretty good on an MX bike as well.
P.S.

Stiks, do you post on motodrive?

There is (or was) a stiksandstones over there & I was wondering if you're the same guy.
crossover is not a 'real race'...fun for fans, but Palmer has raced PRO motocross before, he had no business being out there. Sunny is not bad, but in that realm Victor Sheldon (jet skier) is the fastest guy...but maybe he got tired of winning those. The last time I attended one I heard the guy running the show on walkie talkie saying 'who are all these guys on the track, are they women, I have never seen people so slow' ;)

Ya, I been on motodrive for a few years.

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
crossover is a joke...fun for fans, but Palmer has raced PRO motocross before, he had no business being out there. Sunny is not bad, but in that realm Victor Sheldon (jet skier) is the fastest guy...but maybe he got tired of winning those. The last time I attended one I heard the guy running the show on walkie talkie saying 'who are all these guys on the track, are they women, I have never seen people so slow' ;)

Ya, I been on motodrive for a few years.
yea, i know it's not his primary sport but the guy has qualified for a 250 main in SX before; he's no weekend warrior.

MttyTee

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Back on the east coast!
I heard Rahlves was pretty fast on a moto...but yeah, Palmer (or anyone) making the main in pro moto = Bad ass!

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
There was a post in here this past winter that SP was qualifying to get into the highest racing class. Was it MX or SX and did he finally manage to do that?

Gambo

Monkey
He was living out side of Santa Maria and training for the pro out door season.
He hung out at our shop a lot, got to meet his wife and hang out. Way cool dude. The moto thing wasn't working out so he bailed and went back home. :(

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Palmer racing that race is just a shame. He'd have competition if he actually raced an regional outdoor event here in NC. And to think, a guy who's made Outdoor mains and Supercross mains...that's a whole different level. I'd say it's the equivalent of putting Danica Patrick racing Hulk Hogan's kid, with both of them in F1's. :(