Quantcast

Sheldon Brown

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Put this together earlier. Sun Race is going to be making a 3 speed fixed hub again. If any of you feel like contacting them to get the hub made in Sheldon Brown's honor, feel free to use this or make your own.

Sun Races email: info@sunraceusa.com

To whom it may concern.

On February 3rd, Sheldon Brown passed away. His life was solely devoted to the bicycle and to help out people who were looking for advice regarding the maintenance of their bikes. The bulk of those bikes were old three speeds, ten speeds and fixed gears. If there was anyone who knew about every part of a bike and could describe how to adjust it, repair it regardless of model or age, Mr. Brown was the guy who knew it. Sheldon Brown was a big advocate of the fixed gear bike and was a major voice outside of Sun Race to bring back the 3 speed fixed hub. Now that there is plans of a new 3 speed fixed hub, the ASC hub, I think it would be proper to have the hub made in Sheldon Brown’s honor and name, being that he has had a positive impact on the industry and about every single person out there who works on and rides a bike. It is within great hope that you could seriously consider this.

Sincerely,

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Sheldon will be missed, though I never met him I learned so much from his articles, there are times I have been perceived as "smart" after repeating something I had read in a "Sheldon" article...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
His pages basically got me out of trouble more than 100 times.

Sad sad news, let's just hope his legacy lives on via his website and his communicative love of bicycles.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
For those in the MA area, or those willing to make the journey:

A memorial service will be held at 1:30 p.m. March 2, at the Unitarian Society in Newton, at 1326 Washington St. (across the street from Harris Cyclery) West Newton.

Google Map