Quantcast

Sherman Travel Reduction?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Their current position is that the newest forks can be ridden in travel-reduced mode, but '03 and older cannot. That's what the Answer tech told me.

KaiMana

Chimp
Oct 12, 2001
Woodland Park, CO
binary visions said:
Their current position is that the newest forks can be ridden in travel-reduced mode, but '03 and older cannot. That's what the Answer tech told me.
Cool, I wonder if anyone can back this claim up with real world experience?

B

bighitfsr

You basically need to convert the travel adjustment/spring stack to the fixed 80mm of travel like the sherman DJ model.
I'm not sure if have to mod the damper side, hopefully not.
It could get pretty expensive.
You should post over at angryasian about this.

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
binary visions said:
I was told the same thing by them. I always forget to raise my Sherman firefly after climbing up Kenter Whoops. I end up riding the 151 whoops all the way down, jumping huge doubles & the canyon in 3" mode & never had a problem. Go for it.

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
i Dirt Jump my 04 Shermans in the 90mm setting, with a little air in the spv makes them super firm and the best DJ fork i have felt. In the 140mm(???) setting i use it to race rough 4x courses, works out awesome...

Tim