Quantcast

Shimano AM45 vs Giro Chamber Shoe Sizing

whiteman

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
This is a bit of a long shot but...

I just received a pair of Shimano AM45 shoes in size Euro 48, but I feel they're a little on the small side. After I've taken a few steps and my foot settles into the shoe my big toe ever so slightly touches the end of the shoe. Unfortunately I can't just go up a size as Euro 48 is as big as Shimano go in this model :(.

The Shimano sizing chart lists the euro 48 as a us 12.3, so I've been looking for shoes that go to ~ US 13. The Giro Chambers look good, but their sizing goes from a US 12.75 to a US 13.5, which seems like a bit of a jump. I don't really want to gamble on either and potentially order the wrong size again. Normally I'd try them on or buy locally, but no one seems to carry any shoes in larger sizes these days.

Has any one been in the same situation where the largest Shimano AM45 shoe was just slightly too small? If so what shoe did you settle for? I like the look of the Giro's but the sizing has me stumped. Hopefully someone's gone from the AM45's to the Giro's (or something similar) and can give some insight...

whiteman

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Sombrio are probably even harder to find down here in Aus though unfortunately.

If anyone out there happen to have a pair of the Giro Chambers in either a euro 47 or 48, could they possibly do me a massive favour and take one of the insoles out and measure it for me? That way I can compare it to my size 48 am45's.