Quantcast

Shimano LX, 8 Speed Shifter Pods

BoSox5

Chimp
Mar 27, 2002
Bennington, VT
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site and I was wondering if there is anybody out there who can help me. I am in search of a set of used Shimano LZ, or XT 8 speed shifters. Can anybody help me?

They are for my girlfriends bike and I am not about to pay a ton for new ones.

Thanks
Scott

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
The BoSox gave you away! Did that garlic knock you out of the Res ride or what?!:rolleyes: :D

I have some older non-indexed shifters you guys could try out, or else, PricePoint has 8spd LXs way cheap right now.

Later.
:monkey:

BoSox5

Chimp
Mar 27, 2002
Bennington, VT
I would like to ty them your older ones out...they are seperate from the brake levers...right?

And by the way...that garlic was killer! It burned the old tongue...we still did the Res. ride though...I had a nother doozy of a fall. I would like to blame the fall on the pints of BASS...but I dont think that was the problem!:)

BoSox5

Chimp
Mar 27, 2002
Bennington, VT
She has Shimano LX Center Pull brakes. They are the ones where the lever and the shifter pod is all one piece. I got the levers for v-brakes and now have (and stupidly i might add) found that they were the one piece kind. I need a v-brake set ( may have found one) and a shifter pod for an 8 speed.